[SOLVED] Low cost psu

Manuelgz

Reputable
Feb 21, 2020
I am completing a new build and have been reading a lot of information throughout the internet and I have been seeing that a lot of people say that it is not convenient to buy any psu or a low cost psu.

Does anyone have a link to a list of good psus in the lower price point

My build is
Ryzen 7 2700g
Gugabye elite b450
( I still do not have a memory brand in mind but I plan to buy a 3000mhz memory kit )
Raidmax enigma case
Gygabyte rtx 2070

Excuse my bad English
Thank you

JadeHarley

Reputable
May 11, 2018
You can actually get this one: https://www.cyberpuerta.mx/Computo-...0-80-PLUS-Bronze-20-4-pin-ATX-120mm-550W.html

or this one https://www.cyberpuerta.mx/Computo-...00W-80-PLUS-Bronze-24-pin-ATX-120mm-500W.html

You will be pretty fine with both of them

5eS9lMk-rYs.jpg

Last edited:

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
Whatevs, if he is going for good PSU about 2,500 pesos, he will aim at these brands
Don't choose PSU based on it's brand. Enermax RevoBron is old CWT double-forward platform, XPG Core Reactor (it is in stock) is modern CWT LLC platform, saying that it's way better would be an understatement.
Seasonic S12III is merely okay for it's price probably (not gonna look there again if there are smth better for 1.7k pesos), but again, that XPG PSUs is the best you can get there for OP's money. And if it goes out of stock on this site then woud be still available on other sites OP linked for a bit more.

bignastyid

Titan
Whatevs, if he is going for good PSU about 2,500 pesos, he will aim at these brands

And also what this dude above linked, not in stock too, but you liked it, all right
They are better units, which is why they were voted up. XPG is also in stock just seems to be limited(may sell out soon).

The Corsair CX 550 or 650 would be better that what you posted, and they are cheaper and in stock but I try not to recommend budget units for higher end cards.
https://www.cyberpuerta.mx/lista-de-comparacion/?cnid=646722751330a9b99e9bac8c8e01a40a

JadeHarley

Reputable
May 11, 2018
Don't choose PSU based on it's brand. Enermax RevoBron is old CWT double-forward platform, XPG Core Reactor (it is in stock) is modern CWT LLC platform, saying that it's way better would be an understatement.
Seasonic S12III is merely okay for it's price probably (not gonna look there again if there are smth better for 1.7k pesos), but again, that XPG PSUs is the best you can get there for OP's money. And if it goes out of stock on this site then woud be still available on other sites OP linked for a bit more.
XPG sound like noname brand, they make some SSD's and RAM, but not PSU, I don't trust it, Seasonic is best, Enermax good but not cheap, that's the truth for many many years. He have to look for Seasonic anyway, Enermax too expensive, but not XPG something something.

JadeHarley

Reputable
May 11, 2018
They are better units, which is why they were voted up. XPG is also in stock just seems to be limited(may sell out soon).

The Corsair CX 550 or 650 would be better that what you posted, and they are cheaper and in stock but I try not to recommend budget units for higher end cards.
https://www.cyberpuerta.mx/lista-de-comparacion/?cnid=646722751330a9b99e9bac8c8e01a40a
But better Corsair CX, heck this XPG "Blah blah". Haven't seen what's inside, never heard even.

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
XPG sound like noname brand, they make some SSD's and RAM, but not PSU
heck this XPG "Blah blah". Haven't seen what's inside, never heard even.
You mean 'didn't even bother to look it up' ?
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/xpg-core-reactor-750w-power-supply-review
Enermax good but not cheap
Sure as sh*t when there's old-ass unit from them on worse platform than 'noname' XPG PSU, both using the same OEM.

Reactions: Archaic59

JadeHarley

Reputable
May 11, 2018
You mean 'didn't even bother to look it up' ?
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/xpg-core-reactor-750w-power-supply-review

Sure as sh*t when there's old-ass unit from them on worse platform than 'noname' XPG PSU, both using the same OEM.
XPG not certificated, nice, good choice, maybe better Q-Dion 500W? Weird conclusion anyway, you linked review which says a minus "Not so tight load regulation at +12V"

Enermax is trash, okay, I got you, XPG which not having a name like "Seasonic", but they are good, they are new at it, all right, let's move to the store and everyone to the XPG's, new meta, new era of power supplies!

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
XPG not certificated
What are you talking about ?
https://www.plugloadsolutions.com/80PlusPowerSuppliesDetail.aspx?id=203&type=2
you linked review which says a minus "Not so tight load regulation at +12V"
And did you actually see values for that ? It's 1.7%, way within ATX specs and would be still better than on both PSUs you've linked. Sure, there are units with better load regulation but first, as long as it stays somewhere in 2% (which is more than twice lower than what's specified by ATX standard) it's not as important as ripple and transient response which is very good on this unit and second (again), there are no better options for OP's budget (Seasonic would be better but it's OOS).
It would probably make sense to raise a budget a bit to look for other options but i really don't see a reasoning for that as this ADATA PSU is absolutely fine.
Enermax is trash, okay, I got you,
I didn't say that, i said that, basically this Enermax PSU is trash for it's price, there are big difference.
let's move to the store and everyone to the XPG's, new meta, new era of power supplies!
Neither i said that, i just said this particular ADATA / XPG PSU is good.

JadeHarley

Reputable
May 11, 2018
What are you talking about ?
https://www.plugloadsolutions.com/80PlusPowerSuppliesDetail.aspx?id=203&type=2

And did you actually see values for that ? It's 1.7%, way within ATX specs and would be still better than on both PSUs you've linked. Sure, there are units with better load regulation but first, as long as it stays somewhere in 2% (which is more than twice lower than what's specified by ATX standard) it's not as important as ripple and transient response which is very good on this unit and second (again), there are no better options for OP's budget (Seasonic would be better but it's OOS).
It would probably make sense to raise a budget a bit to look for other options but i really don't see a reasoning for that as this ADATA PSU is absolutely fine.

I didn't say that, i said that, basically this Enermax PSU is trash for it's price, there are big difference.

Neither i said that, i just said this particular ADATA / XPG PSU is good.
I don't see a special sign on the box of XPG which you linked before, so I can't tell anyway, it's like super NEW 13.05.2020, so he will buy it later and it will be trashy, like what we see in reviews is bunch of text, we can't trust ADATA cause they are not even best on the market, you are saying that this PSU is good, but when it will come out and people will have problems with it, you will answer them on this forum with your
ADATA PSU is absolutely fine.

bignastyid

Titan
XPG sound like noname brand, they make some SSD's and RAM, but not PSU, I don't trust it, Seasonic is best, Enermax good but not cheap, that's the truth for many many years. He have to look for Seasonic anyway, Enermax too expensive, but not XPG something something.
Going by just the brand name is folly. BTW the S12III is not even made by Seasonic, they sub contracted those out to RSY.

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
I don't see a special sign on the box of XPG which you linked before
Excuse me ?
we can't trust ADATA cause they are not even best on the market
So by your logic we should buy that ancient Enermax even though they both are made by CWT, not Enermax (they don't manufacture their own stuff for a while now) ?
You don't trust nobody with PSUs, but look at reviews, FSP, Seasonic, Super Flower PSUs can be just as trash as anything else. But saying that PSU is trash just because it's noname is silly, every brand was noname at some point. IF ADATA will switch platform or otherwise downgrade this unit then we'll be talking, until then this is extremely unlikely scenario, stop spreading FUD.

JadeHarley

Reputable
May 11, 2018
Excuse me ?

So by your logic we should buy that ancient Enermax even though they both are made by CWT, not Enermax (they don't manufacture their own stuff for a while now) ?
You don't trust nobody with PSUs, but look at reviews, FSP, Seasonic, Super Flower PSUs can be just as trash as anything else. But saying that PSU is trash just because it's noname is silly, every brand was noname at some point. IF ADATA will switch platform or otherwise downgrade this unit then we'll be talking, until then this is extremely unlikely scenario, stop spreading FUD.
Nice conclusion))) I didnt said buy an Enermax everyone. And yeah FSP, Seasonic and Super Flower is the best now, I mean FSP is number 1 budget segment, Be quiet 2nd place and Cougar Stx650 is 3rd. But telling that absolutely new PSU is fine, okay okay, buy Cooler Master new model, it's new hey review says that is perfectly fine, oh no next month it's going to be wonky, jeez please, stop it

JadeHarley

Reputable
May 11, 2018
Going by just the brand name is folly. BTW the S12III is not even made by Seasonic, they sub contracted those out to RSY.
As if, buying the NAME brand is best thing to do, and we are not talking about cases like "hey buy MSI mobo cause it's MSI!" Only wacko will buy an MSI mobo when there is names like AsRock and Asus, I dunno guys, you are really sometimes just wanting a discuss, exactly you two, no one else, funny

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
Nice conclusion))) I didnt said buy an Enermax everyone.
No, only to this guy.
I mean FSP is number 1 budget segment
According to that YT guy in the balaclava, yeah, sure.
buy Cooler Master new model, it's new hey review says that is perfectly fine
If review is done by a professional, not just a random YouTuber - yeah, sure. Ofc you're taking some risk by buying a PSU which is new or from relatively unknown brand but so far there are no reports of any problems with this ADATA PSU and it has been out for at least half a year now. And in fact, since you mentioned a new Cooler Master, their most recent V-Gold series isn't good, and that you can see in the review, yet i'm sure - ask some YouTuber if it's good, they'll say - 'Yeah, sure, it's a Cooler Master, why not'. Conclusion : only trust professional reviews, if PSU doesn't have reviews - don't trust it at all regardless of brand, regardless of if it's a Seasonic, FSP or Super Flower.
As if, buying the NAME brand is best thing to do, and we are not talking about cases like "hey buy MSI mobo cause it's MSI!" Only wacko will buy an MSI mobo when there is names like AsRock and Asus, I dunno guys, you are really sometimes just wanting a discuss, exactly you two, no one else, funny
I don't get what you're trying to say here. MSI has some good boards actually, but their X570 boards are <Mod Edit>, you can see that by reviews. So it's not about the brand at all then ? Again, i'm repeating my point here for a third time already.

Last edited by a moderator: