Question Low CPU and GPU usage, low fps in games help please

Mar 7, 2023
Hello, I built this PC and have been having performance issues in every game I play, on every game I play I get low CPU and GPU usage as well as low fps as a result of that. I decided to run UserBenchmark as suggested in a thread I found on a similar issue and these are my results.
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/59806597
I don't know much about troubleshooting so I would appreciate some help with my problem, thanks in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Might want to add the make and model of your PSU used for the build. Software can't tell you that bit of info. Have you tried using DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then manually reinstalling with the latest version from Nvidia, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator? Can you use CPU-Z and see what your BIOS version is listed as under the Mainboard 's tab? The BIOS date listed on your link does cast doubt on your BIOS version when cross referencing the BIOS listed on motherboard's support site, here.

Mar 7, 2023

Might want to add the make and model of your PSU used for the build. Software can't tell you that bit of info. Have you tried using DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then manually reinstalling with the latest version from Nvidia, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator? Can you use CPU-Z and see what your BIOS version is listed as under the Mainboard 's tab? The BIOS date listed on your link does cast doubt on your BIOS version when cross referencing the BIOS listed on motherboard's support site, here.

I have used DDU to do a fresh install of the GPU drivers and just updated the BIOS, here is the screenshot of CPU-Z.

View: https://imgur.com/a/6OG6X7I

Mar 7, 2023

Sorry forgot to add the PSU details, I will add them tomorrow since it's late and I have to move my desk to get the PC out and open it since I don't remember the model.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
In the meantime:
1)About half the ram was free. It should be a little higher than that, like 10-12GBs free.
Perhaps there's a little too much running in the background, or you didn't close the browser before running UBM - some say you should start the app a few minutes after a fresh boot.

2)C drive: 240GB Kingston A400.
Dram-less SSD that starts to slow down at a lower capacity range than a normal SSD, because of the lack of ram cache.
Perhaps make the other SSD the C drive, or get a new 500GB SSD and make it the C drive instead.

3)Ram XMP not enabled.
That has to be turned on manually in bios to get the advertised frequency. Refer to user manual on how.

Those were the biggest flags, as far as I could tell.

Mar 7, 2023
In the meantime:

1)About half the ram was free. It should be a little higher than that, like 10-12GBs free.
Perhaps there's a little too much running in the background, or you didn't close the browser before running UBM - some say you should start the app a few minutes after a fresh boot.

2)C drive: 240GB Kingston A400.
Dram-less SSD that starts to slow down at a lower capacity range than a normal SSD, because of the lack of ram cache.
Perhaps make the other SSD the C drive, or get a new 500GB SSD and make it the C drive instead.

3)Ram XMP not enabled.
That has to be turned on manually in bios to get the advertised frequency. Refer to user manual on how.

Those were the biggest flags, as far as I could tell.

Thank you very much for pointing those out

1) I will run UBM again after a fresh boot to check the results again

2) I have another nvme ssd available to use, I will change the C drive to a better ssd.

3) I couldn't enable XMP in BIOS, when I tried to enable it and restarted my PC it would say that Windows had a problem and it would send me to the "Repair your PC" option. Once I went back into the BIOS and disabled it, the PC would boot normally again with no issues.

Do you think these 3 issues are causing the low fps and overall bad performance in games?
Sorry I don't know too much about hardware and troubleshooting so apologies in advance if there's anything I missed that might help to figure out and solve my issue.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Do you think these 3 issues are causing the low fps and overall bad performance in games?
Sorry I don't know too much about hardware and troubleshooting so apologies in advance if there's anything I missed that might help to figure out and solve my issue.
I don't know. I was only pointing out what I noticed with UBM, which can all add up.
It can be a journey when it's a combination of things instead of just one.

Thank you very much for pointing those out

1) I will run UBM again after a fresh boot to check the results again

2) I have another nvme ssd available to use, I will change the C drive to a better ssd.

3) I couldn't enable XMP in BIOS, when I tried to enable it and restarted my PC it would say that Windows had a problem and it would send me to the "Repair your PC" option. Once I went back into the BIOS and disabled it, the PC would boot normally again with no issues.

Put a copy of memtest86 on a flash stick.
Enable xmp.
See if the flash stick will boot.
If it does boot let it run .......no errors allowed.

If it does not boot try to boot with just one ram stick.
If that allows it to boot and run test each stick one at a time.

TRENDING THREADS