GTX 1080
8gb (2x4gb) Corsair Vengence LPX 2666mhz
ASUS prime X370 pro mobo
EVGA G1 650W
Apacer 248gb SSD
Seagate 1 TB HDD
Aftermarket cooler- hyper 212 led turbo
WIndows 10 pro

Just upgraded from an I5-6400, faced lower performance in that aswell. though cpu was bottlenecking at 100% usage at some games hence upgraded.

Current Issue:
Both my my processor and graphics card remain below 50% usage. I play Doom, dirty bomb, ark survival, just cause 3 and etc. looking at fps for my gpu on forums, it should be performing a lot better. dirtybomb is my most played game among the ones i listed, and it should cap at 180fps for me at maximum settings but whether I play at lowest settings or super it stays at around 120 fps. GPU does not seem to be the issue, since when i turn the resolution to 1440p I see gpu usage reach 100%.
I know the 1600x is no bottleneck for the gtx 1080 so please avoid trying to convince me that it is. I received better fps on the i5-6400 than i am on the r5-1600x despite the 4ghz overclock. all cores have been monitored during game and not a single core reaches a 100%. temperatures remain below 50C for both gpu and cpu.

Solution
When you change motherboard it’s highly recommended you reinstall Windows. If you don’t stability and performance issues are common. There is no point in trying to troubleshoot this anymore until you reinstall Windows.
Apr 30, 2018

None of my cores are reaching 100%, they remain around 40% most of the time. I have not re-installed windows since I have previous done that for the i5-6400 many times and it didn't do anything. I am also a uni student and i have lots of cad modelling going on for projects so could not afford to re-install windows. I will re-install windows if no solution works, but my internet is also one of the reasons for why reinstalling softwares would take unbearably long. around 2mbps download speed shared around 7 people.

Also my ram usage remains around 5gb. only just cause 3 uses about 7gb of ram.

Apr 30, 2018

ok i'll get a new ssd or use a hdd and install windows on that, i'll update once I have done that.