[SOLVED] Low CPU/GPU usage in most games

henterpriser

Reputable
Sep 14, 2019
Hello guys and thanks for opening this page.
Recently I did an upgrade to my PC; I upgraded my GTX 1050 2gb to RX580 rog strix o8g
when i was playing with my GTX 1050 the GPU usage was maxed out in almost all games and I was getting kinda normal FPS and because of that I decided to upgrade.
Due to performance comparisons between GTX 1050 and RX580 I thought I'm going to get a higher amount of FPS in any games.
But suddenly I found out the games are not using the maximum power of my GPU and my RX580 Is always working 50%-60% in games such as: RUST, GTA V, PUBG and so on.
I was thinking maybe that's the problem from my GPU so I tested out the FURMARK but the result was pretty good(approx. 4800 point in 1080p preset)
Then I thought my CPU is bottlenecking the games so I started to monitor the CPU ingame and I found out that the CPU is not getting used as well!
The games micro stutter as well. Also my cursor moves slowly and lags in GTA V and somehow it unstably continue its moving while I stopped the mouse in PUBG making it unplayable.
I'm really sad because of this upgrade :(

In rust both of my CPU and GPU goes around 50-60%(memory 98%) and giving me 45 fps with micro stuttering.

and In Pubg I get around 60 fps including micro stutters reducing it to 30-45 WITH ALL SETTINGS!
I mean I put it on ultra I get 60 ,on high: 60 on medium: 60 on low: 70-60 while standing still.(excluding stutters)
same in GTA V. Its really interesting and I'm DONE. I came there to see is it some sort of software problem or what.

Meanwhile Minecraft shaders uses 100% of my gpu and giving me good amount of FPS: Continuum High: 60 fps.

Driver upgraded from NVIDIA to AMD then deleted NVIDIA traces using DDU
Latest AMD ADRENALINE driver installed.
Did virus scan. Kaspersky internet security active; no problem at all.
CPU max temp is about 45c and GPU max temp is 70c
Power plan on ultimate performance; no change at all.

Full Spec:
CPU:
AMD FX-8320 3.50Ghz(Turbo core, Cool n Quiet Disabled)
GPU: Asus ROG STRIX RX580 O8G
MOBO: MSI 760GA-P43(FX) (MS-7699)
RAM: 2x 4gb GEIL Pristine CL11 DDR3 1600Mhz
PSU: CoolerMaster 550W 80Plus
HDD: SEAGATE ST1000DM003-1CH162 1Tb 7200rpm
CPU Cooler: DeepCool AIO CAPTAIN 120 GAMER STORM CPU LIQUID COOLER

I'm going to do any tests you are going to mention. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Reactions: Morganarthur
Solution
Is your GPU usage is still low in GTA V and Rust? if it is, then problem still continues. But if your gpu usage is %99 but you play with stuttering and low fps, actually problem is Rust and GTA V. e.g. I had stuttering issues with rdr2 after i fixed low gpu usage, then i found the game has issues with 4 core non-hyperthreaded CPUs, downloaded a Nvidia hotfix driver for this issue, game runs smooth.
(i know i speak english terribly)

henterpriser

Reputable
Sep 14, 2019
I'm going to assume that the problem is probably from CPU even if it's not getting 100% utilized.
Am i right? are there any compatible with rx 580 AM3+ cpu? or i should i upgrade half of my pc to AM4?

henterpriser

Reputable
Sep 14, 2019
So. By reading those fixes found out tha the problem is from the Software side Or the hardware side.
I'm going to fresh install the windows and the amd drivers firstly in order to point out the software problems. Then moving onto the hardware side of the prob.

Hope this stupid problem fixes

Apr 2, 2020
I think i finally fixed issue by removing 10 drivers and apps[Openal,Msi Command center, Msi fast boot, MS Office(not original), some Iobit apps for disc cleaning, gaming etc.] from my pc including Nvidia physx and Nvidia HD sound (1 guy also fixed it buy removing these two). I dont know AMD drivers but lefting graphic driver alone and cleaning all unnecessary drivers should also help you. I suggest you to try these before reinstalling windows/ reseting computer.

Apr 2, 2020
Is your GPU usage is still low in GTA V and Rust? if it is, then problem still continues. But if your gpu usage is %99 but you play with stuttering and low fps, actually problem is Rust and GTA V. e.g. I had stuttering issues with rdr2 after i fixed low gpu usage, then i found the game has issues with 4 core non-hyperthreaded CPUs, downloaded a Nvidia hotfix driver for this issue, game runs smooth.
(i know i speak english terribly)

Solution