[SOLVED] Low CPU & GPU usage , & Low FPS ?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 1, 2021
Specs
-GPU: AMD Radeon R7 260M
-CPU: Intel Core i5-4210U 2.4 GHz
-RAM: 6GB DDR3
-Disk: HDD 1TB (100GB free rn)

Other:
-Direct X12
-Drivers are all up to date

Things i have tried:
-scanning for corrupted files through CMD ( sfc/ scannow)
-reinstalling graphics drivers
-adjusting power options to high performance
-setting priority to high in task manager
-enabling/disabling windows 10 game mode
-other stuff :/

this happens on alot of games but as an example lets take something like "bluestacks 5"

Picture 1 :
View: https://imgur.com/a/AuFT60c
8-27 Fps with basically little to no GPU usage and the thing is when the game gets demanding both CPU usage and GPU usage go down drastically (despite being already low) decreasing FPS to around 8-10
Picture 2:
View: https://imgur.com/a/EoRIkzB

-

Last edited:
Solution
did you add up all the little parts of Avast before as its possible it added up to about the same or more. whereas defender only has 1 process under it, avast likely have about 6 or 7 processes. Avast had 14 drivers so at least your driver list is a little shorter now.
Kaspersky is the worst, often about 20 drivers,

much of defender is built into windows though so its usage is masked.

clean install of windows would at least force it to get all new drivers and hopefully fix whatever one you have that is buggy

as i said, most systems i see have 1 page of drivers, not 3. How old is this install?
the unscientific method - replace old drivers
elbycd is getting old
wonder what QImem.sys from Toshiba does. its described as generic i/o &...

Colif

Win 11 Master
did you add up all the little parts of Avast before as its possible it added up to about the same or more. whereas defender only has 1 process under it, avast likely have about 6 or 7 processes. Avast had 14 drivers so at least your driver list is a little shorter now.

clean install of windows would at least force it to get all new drivers and hopefully fix whatever one you have that is buggy

as i said, most systems i see have 1 page of drivers, not 3. How old is this install?
elbycd is getting old
wonder what QImem.sys from Toshiba does. its described as generic i/o & memory access. its from 2015.
intel rapid storage is old. Try running https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html and see if anything new
logmein is getting on, 2017
pxHelp64 is from 2011, too old for win 10
Update vpn?
update Xsplit?

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
part of me thinks they need more ram and an ssd as they trying to do more than pc can do. I mean, 3 or 2.5 pages of drivers compared to the small amount I normally see on dump files, or just what I have myself.
0YAs2W0.jpg

give it more space to grow in and maybe a clean install as I can't believe all those drivers are needed, unless you do something like music production, as then it can get out of hand.

Jun 1, 2021

elbycd is getting old
wonder what QImem.sys from Toshiba does. its described as generic i/o & memory access. its from 2015.
intel rapid storage is old. Try running https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html and see if anything new
logmein is getting on, 2017
pxHelp64 is from 2011, too old for win 10
Update vpn?
update Xsplit?
also i got rid of about half the drivers, thats a thing ... and honestly i just decided that this wasn't really giving off much of an effect so the plan is putting all my stuff on another hard drive (external or on my other empty laptop [its a pretty old laptop but has enough space]) and getting a fresh installation of windows 10 on this one should hopefully do the trick

TRENDING THREADS