[SOLVED] Low CPU/GPU utilization, low FPS

Oct 8, 2020
DESCRIPTION:
I only get like 90-120 FPS in Warzone @ 50% render resolution and only 35-50% CPU usage and 40-50% GPU usage. If I play @ 100% render resolution (1440p), at low-ish settings, I get the same 90-120 FPS, as if I turn down my render resolution to 50% and all settings to it's lowest. My GPU usage obviously goes up (85-95%) with 100% resolution scale and a bit higher settings, but I never reach beyond 120 FPS, which is annoying, as I am running 1440p165.
Is my 3700X really not capable of pushing more than this? Can't be bottlenecking, can it? Shouldn't be a thermal issue, CPU @ 51 celsius and GPU @ 60.
Unlimited FPS in-game and capped @162 in RTSS.

SPECS:
  • CPU: 3700X (stock)
  • Graphics card: ASUS 2080 SUPER (OC)
  • RAM: G.Skill TridentZ Neo 2x16 GB 3600 MHz (DOCP)
TL;DR:
90-120 FPS @720p as well as @1440p with a 2080 SUPER OC'ed and a stock 3700X.

Last edited:
Reactions: abellote
Solution
Hey mate I had a few problems using RTSS for warzone so I manually close both msi afterburner and RTSS before playing the game and it works much better. Although my problems were random 'dev error' close to desktop issues this could also help you.

I dont usually reccomend installing nvidia geforce experience but maybe close the 2 msi software. And enable the fps counter for nvidia GE and see if it improves frames then at least you will know what you are getting. If you get much better results you know it's because of the msi software.

As always I reccomend not to install nvidia GE but as a pure testing method I will use it time to time on some games then uninstall it after.

Hope this helps mate :)

sgnz

Commendable
Apr 19, 2019
Hey mate I had a few problems using RTSS for warzone so I manually close both msi afterburner and RTSS before playing the game and it works much better. Although my problems were random 'dev error' close to desktop issues this could also help you.

I dont usually reccomend installing nvidia geforce experience but maybe close the 2 msi software. And enable the fps counter for nvidia GE and see if it improves frames then at least you will know what you are getting. If you get much better results you know it's because of the msi software.

As always I reccomend not to install nvidia GE but as a pure testing method I will use it time to time on some games then uninstall it after.

Hope this helps mate :)

Solution

sgnz

Commendable
Apr 19, 2019
Also how do your other games play? Get fps you expected?

If not maybe consider downloading the new nvidia driver from its website.

Then use ddu in safe mode with no internet to wipe old gpu drivers.

Then install the new driver and see if that helps