Jun 18, 2019
My CPU : and ryzen 3 2200g
GPU : RX 480, 8gb
While playing old games like sleeping dogs with medium settings I get stable fps of 72 ( limited fps to 72 my monitor refresh rate is 72 ) GPU usage with medium settings 60-75 %
CPU usage at medium settings 55-75 %
with few fps drops when I change anti aliasing to extreme my GPU usage began to increase to 95 - 100%
And CPU usage began to decrease to below 50% and it was inconsistent . And the game was unplayable with 40 fps and stuttering when 3 or 4 fps is drops and PC began to shut down by itself

The gameplay is also not that much good in other games like mafia 2 also it began to stutter when 2 or 4 fps is dropped
The stuttering does not occur in games like assassin's Creed 4 with anti aliasing FXAA even with few drops. But it began to stutter at high settings when I have 30- 35 fps

How to fix this

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
My CPU : and ryzen 3 2200g
GPU : RX 480, 8gb
While playing old games like sleeping dogs with medium settings I get stable fps of 72 ( limited fps to 72 my monitor refresh rate is 72 ) GPU usage with medium settings 60-75 %
CPU usage at medium settings 55-75 %
with few fps drops when I change anti aliasing to extreme my GPU usage began to increase to 95 - 100%
And CPU usage began to decrease to below 50% and it was inconsistent . And the game was unplayable with 40 fps and stuttering when 3 or 4 fps is drops and PC began to shut down by itself

The gameplay is also not that much good in other games like mafia 2 also it began to stutter when 2 or 4 fps is dropped
The stuttering does not occur in games like assassin's Creed 4 with anti aliasing FXAA even with few drops. But it began to stutter at high settings when I have 30- 35 fps

How to fix this
Anti aliasing is very demanding, just leave it off if that makes the game run better. FXAA is a type of AA that is easier on your GPU as opposed to MSAA, that's probably why it doesn't make as much of a difference.

Reactions: Adhi 007
Jun 18, 2019
But I have stuttering in games with low settings when 3-10 fps is dropped but the stuttering reduced when I reduce core voltage but stuttering exist in some games
Anti aliasing is very demanding, just leave it off if that makes the game run better. FXAA is a type of AA that is easier on your GPU as opposed to MSAA, that's probably why it doesn't make as much of a difference.

So there's 2 problems.
  1. your gpu temps are getting way too high and are likely causing throttling (likely from lack of airflow due to only one fan in a cabinet)
  2. Your PSU is very old, and while it was good unit at the time the capacitors have likely worn down quite a lot over time.

I'd start by improving the airflow to the gpu.

Jun 18, 2019
So there's 2 problems.
  1. your gpu temps are getting way too high and are likely causing throttling (likely from lack of airflow due to only one fan in a cabinet)
  2. Your PSU is very old, and while it was good unit at the time the capacitors have likely worn down quite a lot over time.
I'd start by improving the airflow to the gpu.
I ordered cabinet fans does installing cabinet fan fix this issue or I want to replace psu my psu is one month old