[SOLVED] Low CPU Usage, GPU Usage, Low FPS

Jan 3, 2019
I'm Having a low CPU, GPU usage on games and this causes low fps
my CPU on games only uses 50-70%, and the GPU only 20-30% with fps in some games only 40-70 with constant drops to 20
My Specs:
AMD Athlon x4 860k 3.7GHz
Zotac GTX 1060 3gb
Team Elite DDR3 4x2 1600MHz
Msi A68HM E33 V2

My Cpu is really old and i'm planning to change it in late january to a ryzen.
could this possibly because my CPU is really old or a memory leak?

Solution
It depends on the games. What usually happens is a slower CPU like yours gets pegged to 100% usage while the videocard is much lower, because the CPU can't keep up with the videocard.

In your case the fact the CPU is also much lower than 100% suggests there is another issue. One thing I like to verify is that the CPU and GPU are both running at their correct clockspeed while gaming. I usually use MSI Afterburner for this. Make sure your CPU really is running at 3.7ghz while gaming.
It depends on the games. What usually happens is a slower CPU like yours gets pegged to 100% usage while the videocard is much lower, because the CPU can't keep up with the videocard.

In your case the fact the CPU is also much lower than 100% suggests there is another issue. One thing I like to verify is that the CPU and GPU are both running at their correct clockspeed while gaming. I usually use MSI Afterburner for this. Make sure your CPU really is running at 3.7ghz while gaming.

Solution
Jan 3, 2019

checked with msi afterburner yes its running at 3.7ghz
my temps is also normal its around 45-55