Nikola_RS

Prominent
Apr 19, 2020
Hello,i have low CPU usage in games but high GPU usage,

CPU:AMD FX-6300(stock oc)
GPU:RX-580 8GB ASUS DUAL(overclocked) which i bought new last week
12 GB of RAM

In games i get 100% GPU usage but CPU 40-85%
I dont understand,my CPU cannot bottleneck RX-580.
Please help!

The fact that your GPU is at 100% usage it means your CPU isn't the bottleneck, so yeah as rgd1101, please give more details.

Also 40~80 CPU usage is normal in games, not all games out there will use the CPU the same. IM guessing your playing a very demending GPU title with at high resolution and details level really high.

Nikola_RS

Prominent
Apr 19, 2020
The fact that your GPU is at 100% usage it means your CPU isn't the bottleneck, so yeah as rgd1101, please give more details.

Also 40~80 CPU usage is normal in games, not all games out there will use the CPU the same. IM guessing your playing a very demending GPU title with at high resolution and details level really high.
yes on high details also 144 hz and fullhd but when i overclock my fx 6300 games are crashing to 4.0 with stock voltage with old gpu i didnt have problems ....

CPU can degrade with OC if you used too much voltage and/or the CPU got too high temps, but in this case I believe it could be the RX 580 needing more power than your old GPU. So you may not have enough power juice to run the RX 580 and also OC the CPU.

Then again, the fact that your GPU is at 100% it means youre using its full potential, nothing else.

Also if you have 12 GB of RAM, it probably means (almost 100% sure) you have 3 sticks of RAM populating the 4 memory slots on your motherboard, and in that case Im guessing dual channel is OFF, which is something you don't want for playing games.

You can check if dual channel is off or on using CPU-Z which can e downloaded from its website as a zip, and all you have to do is check the "Memory" tab, on the "channel#" it should said: "dual"

Nikola_RS

Prominent
Apr 19, 2020
CPU can degrade with OC if you used too much voltage and/or the CPU got too high temps, but in this case I believe it could be the RX 580 needing more power than your old GPU. So you may not have enough power juice to run the RX 580 and also OC the CPU.

Then again, the fact that your GPU is at 100% it means youre using its full potential, nothing else.

Also if you have 12 GB of RAM, it probably means (almost 100% sure) you have 3 sticks of RAM populating the 4 memory slots on your motherboard, and in that case Im guessing dual channel is OFF, which is something you don't want for playing games.

You can check if dual channel is off or on using CPU-Z which can e downloaded from its website as a zip, and all you have to do is check the "Memory" tab, on the "channel#" it should said: "dual"
i know what is dual channel and i have mobo with 2 ddr3 slots,my psu is 650 w Berlin Pro smart RGB thermaltake,which means i am using 4gb ram one stick and second 8gb ram i overclocked gpu and tested its working fine but cpu to 4.0 ghz games are crashing and i asumed its because of voltage ....

Well if you are lucky your RAM (2 x diferent capacity sticks) may still be working on dual channel, easiest way to know is using cpu-z.

Anyways, besides the low~high usage, do you have any actual issue while gaming? Stuttering, framce drops, crahses, anything? Cause if you don't just keep enjoying the games and forget about OC the CPU, keep it at stock settings (in this case of GPU at 100% usage OC the CPU wont help you).

Nikola_RS

Prominent
Apr 19, 2020
Well if you are lucky your RAM (2 x diferent capacity sticks) may still be working on dual channel, easiest way to know is using cpu-z.

Anyways, besides the low~high usage, do you have any actual issue while gaming? Stuttering, framce drops, crahses, anything? Cause if you don't just keep enjoying the games and forget about OC the CPU, keep it at stock settings (in this case of GPU at 100% usage OC the CPU wont help you).
i am using dual i checked in CPU-Z app,just frame droping,probably because CPU is weaker than GPU .... i thought to cahnge Mobo,cpu and ram to ryzen platform beacuse this all is old ...