Question Low CPU usage in game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 16, 2023
Every game I play on windows 11 uses around 5% of my CPU. Whilst using Intel Extreme Tuning, AMD Radeon Software and in game overlay it shows the same low CPU usage but with msi afterburner and task manager I get 60% to 90% CPU usage. In game it is showing that the CPU is bottlenecking the framerate. This applies to every game such as warzone, warthunder and others. I don't know if this is a windows problem, or just that games don't want to use my CPU. When stress testing the CPU gets used 100% and temperature is firmly under 70 degrees. Plus in warthunder CPU usage is 2% but GPU usage is 100%. I tried everything and the only thing left to do is downgrade to windows 10. But I don't know if this is going to help and I also don't want to lose all my data. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also this screenshot is a screenshot of two of my monitors.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
Include the BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

When did you notice this issue crop up? After an OS update?

Every game I play on windows 11 uses around 5% of my CPU. Whilst using Intel Extreme Tuning, AMD Radeon Software and in game overlay it shows the same low CPU usage but with msi afterburner and task manager I get 60% to 90% CPU usage. In game it is showing that the CPU is bottlenecking the framerate. This applies to every game such as warzone, warthunder and others. I don't know if this is a windows problem, or just that games don't want to use my CPU. When stress testing the CPU gets used 100% and temperature is firmly under 70 degrees. Plus in warthunder CPU usage is 2% but GPU usage is 100%. I tried everything and the only thing left to do is downgrade to windows 10. But I don't know if this is going to help and I also don't want to lose all my data. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also this screenshot is a screenshot of two of my monitors.
Afterburner is the small stuff in the upper right which shows your CPU usage at 66%
The 3% is a statistic from the benchmark itself and my guess is that it shows how much bottleneck the CPU has which at 3% would be a great result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS