Question Low CPU Usage. Low GPU Usage

Jan 26, 2023
While playing cyberpunk on high settings and using Nvidia's G-force overlay for FPS, CPU, and GPU usage . I'm only averaging roughly 107 fps. My CPU is using 20-30% , and my GPU is at 60-70%. Running Unigine Heaven benchmark I'm only averaging 107 fps. Any thoughts on what could be going on?

My specs are as follows.
Running games at 3440 x 1440
I7-9700K
32 gigs Corsair of DDR4 3600
PNY- RTX 4080
Corsair- New 1000w PSU
OS on Samsung SSD- Games installed on Samsung 980 M2 drive
MOBO is an Asrock phantom z390 series
Corsair hydro H100i water cooling.

vishvajit

BANNED
Jan 21, 2023
Based on your specs, it seems like your system should be capable of running Cyberpunk at high settings at a higher frame rate than 107 fps. Here are some potential causes and solutions for the low frame rate:
  1. GPU driver issues: Make sure you have the latest GPU drivers installed from Nvidia's website and try disabling any overclocking or performance-enhancing features.
  2. System bottlenecks: It's possible that the other components in your system, such as the CPU or RAM, are not able to keep up with the demands of the RTX 4080. Consider upgrading these components if necessary.
  3. In-game settings: Try lowering the graphics settings in Cyberpunk to see if there's an improvement in performance. If you still can't achieve a higher frame rate, it's possible that the game is not optimized for your system or that there are other performance-related issues with the game itself.
  4. Power Supply Unit (PSU): Make sure that the power supply unit is providing enough power to all of the components, especially the RTX 4080, which is a power-hungry GPU. Consider upgrading the PSU to a higher-wattage unit if necessary.
  5. Overheating: Check the temperatures of your components, especially the GPU and CPU, and ensure that they are within safe operating limits. If they are not, consider improving the cooling solution for your system.
Try these steps one at a time and monitor the performance to see if there's an improvement. If none of these solutions work, consider seeking professional assistance.