Hello,

I posted here recently about some issues I've been having with my CPU. Specs:

CPU : Ryzen 7 1700
GPU : EVGA GeForce 1060 6GB SSC
Mobo : MSI B350 Tomahawk ATX Am4 Motherboard
Memory : Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz
Cooler : Corsair H60 Liquid
PSU: EVGA 650W W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

Running a stable overclock at 3.9GHz / ram at 3000Mhz.

When I open task manager to view the load of my CPU vs GPU while playing games, I noticed that my CPU is only working at around 15-25 % (the actual game using only 10-20%), while my GPU is almost maxed, around 80-100%. I've tested this over multiple games, with the same results.

A few details:

-My CPU is not running too hot. I know this would be the cause of this issue as I have done some research before posting here. But the CPU only ever hits 60-70c max.
-Case is clean of dust, airflow is good
-I did a clean install of windows just 2 weeks ago
-I have all the latest GPU drivers and BIOS version
-performance in games is OK, but I feel could be better if the CPU was working to full potential

Does this mean my CPU is being "bottlenecked"? Or is this normal for multi-threaded CPUs with a lot of cores?

Any help is appreciated!

Solution
Hello,

When I open task manager to view the load of my CPU vs GPU while playing games, I noticed that my CPU is only working at around 15-25 % (the actual game using only 10-20%), while my GPU is almost maxed, around 80-100%. I've tested this over multiple games, with the same results.

A few details:

-My CPU is not running too hot. I know this...
Hello,

A few details:

-My CPU is not running too hot. I know this would be the cause of this issue as I have done some research before posting here. But the CPU only ever hits 60-70c max.
-Case is clean of dust, airflow is good
-I did a clean install of windows just 2 weeks ago
-I have all the latest GPU drivers and BIOS version
-performance in games is OK, but I feel could be better if the CPU was working to full potential

Does this mean my CPU is being "bottlenecked"? Or is this normal for multi-threaded CPUs with a lot of cores?

Any help is appreciated!
CPU usage greatly depends on the game. Try BFV 64 player online and you will see higher usage. As long as your GPU is 90+%, you are fine. If you want better performance get a better GPU.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS