Question Low End 1070 GPU Card?

WildcatTM

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
Greetings, all. I upgraded my system last year with a Z370 Aorus motherboard, i7-8700K CPU, about 16 GBs of ram clocking at 2130. I opted not to upgrade my GPU, which is a GeForce 1070 (https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-gef...8gd-r2/p/N82E16814125875?Item=N82E16814125875) since I only plan on playing 2K gaming at best (current resolution is 2560 x 1440). For a display, I currently have an Acer XB241YU.

I feel like I should be pushing out better real time frame rates. Games like WarCraft, which isn't really an incentive game, I seem to be barely over 50 in gaming situations even after overlocking my CPU and GPU. So this has lead me to believe that I may not be getting the full potential of my system since my current GPU is a bit behind on some of the updated versions of the 1070.

So if my thought is right, where should I go from here? I'm only interested nVidia cards, but I don't know if I should look into 1070 TI, 1080's, or look at an RTX, like an RTX 2060 or something.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks!

WildcatTM

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
I'm all about future proof, so I'd say I wouldn't hold back much in dollars. I mean, I won't spend a grand on a RTX TI or equivalent since I don't ever plan on doing 4K gaming.

Alrighty well, the 2060 is better in most cases but in some cases, the 1070 Ti is better but personally, I'd go with the 2060 or 2070 to be more future proof. You can also wait and see what the SUPER thing NVIDIA teased is if you'd like.

Compared to a 1070, a 1070 Ti or 2060 are only around 15% faster, so one of those probably wouldn't be a particularly worthwhile upgrade. It's also possible that CPU performance might be limiting your frame rates. I've heard World of Warcraft can be rather demanding on processors at times. You already have one of the fastest processors for gaming though, so there wouldn't be much point in upgrading from that to anything else.

Have you tried lowering graphics settings a little to see what that does for performance? Some of that game's patches have improved effects at a given level of settings, so you might try lowering them slightly to roll back some of the changes, and see what effect it has on visuals and performance.

TRENDING THREADS