Question low end cpu + good gpu issues?

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
I tried alot of systems Before with slow cpu but decent Graphics card but in this case i get some bad performance with intel xeon e5450 and radeon rx 570, i only tried with two games so far but they only way to make them look decent is to use ultra settings if using medim or high settings there is alot of artifacting on textures.
the card is meant to be put in a system with a ryzen 5 1500x when parts arrive im just worried this card got problems since it look that bad on lower settings if i use
supersampling or virtual resolution it looks decent though. is it possible in this case slow cpu bottlenecked by 43 percent to the graphcis card cause the texture
problems?

Hi,

well Im not an expert on this kind of stuff, but it should be exactly the other way around.

If the cpu is only 4 cores and 3Ghz (with no turbo boost) then the higher details you set in game the more work the GPU should do before asking the CPU to process any data. Doesn't sounds right to be the CPU the one causing this issues.

Have you tried high details and vsync on ?

I wouldnt discard a GPU problem. I think the best way to figure it out is to try a similar GPU on that mobo with that Xeon, or to try the GPU on a diferent system with a similar or even a more capable CPU. If the GPU is the problem, no matter what CPU you use then it will keep showing those artifacting on the screen.

If the GPU works ok on other systems,you can also try and make sure the cable youre using between the GPU and the monitor is good enough. A poor/bad quality cable can also lead to some sort of artifact. Its not very common, but is posible.

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
i tried a older gtx 650 ti without issues. this card runs good though except for the artifacts. Its strange that they disseapear when using ultra settings though. im gonna try reseating the card
and see if it make a difference.
Your right that it should be that way im just not sure why ultra and supersampling look ok
but not the lower settings.

Reactions: RodroX

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
seems like it could be settings related after all. after setting Everything to medium, 4 x msaa and ambient occlusion off the artifacts is gone. could be problem with old game battlefield 4 to.
seems like ambient occlusion was the problem.