Low end GPU for two FullHD monitors

ramziel

Prominent
Aug 9, 2017
Hi, I'm building a workstation for audio and video editing at home. The build will be based on Ryzen 7 and I'm looking for a GPU to be able to see things since Ryzen doesn't have a graphics core.
I was thinking about GT 1030 (DVI+HDMI is ok), but recently I read that it can only support resolution of 1920 by 1200 (at least ASUS one), and I need it to drive two 1920*1080 monitors.
Now I'm all confused, because I've wasted so much time on research and thought I was done. What will be the solution for me? Maybe as cheap as possible, since I'm not planning to play any games on that machine.
Also, 1030 appealed to me so much because it has passive cooling. For me, as a sound engineer, this is gold. But this isn't mandatory, any quiet active cooler will do.
Thanks in advance.

Solution
DVI Max Resolution : 1920x1200

Yup that was just for dvi. Yes it does support 1080p/60.
Hdmi max is 4k/60. You will have no issue running 2 at 1080p.
The 1030 usually supports 2 monitors up to 4k over dp and hdmi. Dvi supports up to 1200p because it's only single link. That might have been what you read about that limit. Also the limit is per monitor not total. Can you give a link to the exact asus model to confirm?

ramziel

Prominent
Aug 9, 2017

But will it be able to do dual FullHD monitor @60Hz? That is the question. ASUS page literally says otherwise.
I'm going with the low budget card because:
1. I'm building it from scratch, all parts are new, it's already quite an expense;
2. all rendering will be on CPU, GPU needed only to see things (I'd go with the iGPU, but Ryzen doesn't have one);
3. I'm planning to buy something like 1060 6GB (or cheap 1070, if I ever find one) after Christmas/early next year.

nvincent_08

Reputable

owh okay, i think there might be some problem, there is only 1x dvi and 1x hdmi right? dont think it able to run 2 monitor in fhd res, mainly because the only option to connect the 2nd one is with the dvi that can only do 1920x1200, i think the thing that they said it can only support 1920x1200 is basically only apply for the dvi, because it is only single link as what k1114 said

ramziel

Prominent
Aug 9, 2017

This is the card I was looking into: click me!.
And sorry for the delayed answer, I keep getting error 403 on this forum somehow.