Low end pc..

Jul 3, 2018
I have a low end pc that i used for school work, and gaming. (i3-7700, 12gb ram, 1050ti graphics) I am wanting to get a bigger pc, but i dont want to just through out my current one. But im not sure if i should sell it as a whole / sell it for parts / or if ill even get anything out of it. it runs great for the specs, running most every game i play at, at least 30fps (including doom) any suggestions? sorry if im in the wrong forum or anything.

Jul 3, 2018

well i thought about it, but had the hardest time building it the first time and am just afraid of messing it up, so id just wanna avoid the hassle

Jul 3, 2018

do you know of a place to sell it? all i really know is craigslist, and im not even to sure of that

toshibitsu

Distinguished
Well it would for sure sell on ebay… but there's the matter of it actually selling for what you're comfortable with + ebay & paypal fees.

Other then Craigslist, there's also OfferUp. Sometimes you'll luck out and sell something quickly... other times something could sit for weeks/months before it sells.

Jul 3, 2018

alright, thanks for all the help!

Jul 3, 2018

well i know its an i3, thought it was a 7700, but those arent a thing so im not sure which it is

If you are looking to sell it and get a faster pre-built, you will be wasting a lot of money on doing that. First you are losing money by selling a pretty new setup, second you are going to be spending more money on a pre-built with the extra costs for that. If you built this other PC, then upgrading should be a lot simpler since you already went through it.

Why did you get 12GB of RAM though, that seems an odd amount, do you have 4 RAM slots and matching dual channel setup in all of them or 8 and 4 gb RAM sticks?

You may want to list your exact current specs including all parts with the power supply, motherboard, etc... and your budget for a new setup.

Jul 3, 2018

well the 12gb was from me getting 8gb at first and then my ex got me a 4gb stick for my birthday