joelmappa

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
Hello,
So here is my build
Msi b250m-pro vd
8gb ddr4 2400mhz
Intel g4580

The problem is that i believe i got some kind of counterfeit cpu so i want to test it

I have some old power supply called
Abpower LC-8400btx 400w
I was asking if i could run the build enough time to install windows 10 and check the pc stats and perhaps do a benchmark test in the time i receive my psu i bought online the xfx 430w

Solution
Are you sure you're not talking about the G4560? there is no mention of a G4580 under Intel's portfolio.

Unfortunately the PSU you've listed initially is more like a firecracker and can take out your entire investment in one swoop. I doubt the PSU is even capable of outputting the necessary power when at standby. If anything I'd suggest you return the "G4580" on the pretense that it's unused.

I found your other thread on Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/intel/comments/6rwp1p/g4580_scam/
and it's sad to say but you should buy off Ebay after multiple checkings not just a once over.

Lutfij

Titan
Are you sure you're not talking about the G4560? there is no mention of a G4580 under Intel's portfolio.

Unfortunately the PSU you've listed initially is more like a firecracker and can take out your entire investment in one swoop. I doubt the PSU is even capable of outputting the necessary power when at standby. If anything I'd suggest you return the "G4580" on the pretense that it's unused.

I found your other thread on Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/intel/comments/6rwp1p/g4580_scam/
and it's sad to say but you should buy off Ebay after multiple checkings not just a once over.

Solution

joelmappa

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
It wasnt bought from ebay but from a company called Shenzen Foxcomm Technology Limited also are you sure for the psu on what i saw on google it just use 180watt 400watt should be more than enough i would really like to test this cpu