Low FPS 1080 TI

Jan 19, 2019
Hello, for the past few months (ever since I built my PC) I've been running certain FPS games such as Black ops 4 or GTA 5. Considering my specs, I should be getting well over 60 FPS, even 144 in some cases however I haven't. I've been getting considerably low FPS for my specs.

I've done a crap ton of internet surfing but still haven't been able to fix the issue. I've debugged my Graphics card in case it was generating too much power however it didn't really quite solve the issue. I was getting an insane FPS boost - to 200 FPs - but in an action-packed environment (such as shooting or explosions) it was dropping to the 60s-70s.

I was wondering if anybody had a fix for that.

My specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700T @ 2.90GHz

Ram: 8.00GB DDR4 RAM CORSAIR VENGENCE @ 2400mhz

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (EVGA) 11GB

Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. H110-D3A-CF

Power supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 Gold 750W Power Supply

Just in case, I've got x1 1080p AOC Monitor - 2470W

Thanks!

Solution
Your CPU is too slow. Games from a couple of years back don't really take advantage of all available core, instead they like fast clock speeds, and you've got a slow i7. The 7700T is a low wattage CPU at 35w, and can be set to run at only 25w by down clocking to 1.9GHz. But even at stock, 2.9GHz is slow by modern standards.
What you really need is a i7-7700 or 7700K.
Your CPU is too slow. Games from a couple of years back don't really take advantage of all available core, instead they like fast clock speeds, and you've got a slow i7. The 7700T is a low wattage CPU at 35w, and can be set to run at only 25w by down clocking to 1.9GHz. But even at stock, 2.9GHz is slow by modern standards.
What you really need is a i7-7700 or 7700K.

Solution
Jan 19, 2019
Understood! Thanks for the reply, but... is the CPU the reason why I drop massive amounts of frames in action-packed environments? So, if I did upgrade my CPU, would this problem become completely annihilated?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Uhh, the slow 7700t aside, no one else noticed that OP has a 1080ti paired with a 1080p monitor?
1080ti is too powerful for all but the fastest cpus currently out there at 1080p resolution.

That card doesn't break a sweat at that resolution and it's rendering frames so fast that it's bogging down your cpu, especially during those heavy action scenes.