Jan 30, 2017
Hello, I recently built a new computer consisting of:

G4560 intel cpu
2 x4gb ddr4 ram
B250M MSI Mortar mobo
GTX 1060
120 gb ssd (for os)
1TB hdd for games

And everything was perfect, I get 60+ frames in every game at high-ultra quality, but after a while, let's say 2 hours of continuous play, the fps drops to like 40 and won't go up again, could it be the CPU is overheating resulting in low fps?

I would really appreciate some help, thanks.

Solution
gta5 is pretty generic offline....

dirty case...

is the comp near a heating vent?

check your ssd drivers. even though gta5 is not on the c drive windows has to access it from c:
stay current on the new nvidia drivers.
Update your Anti-Virus assuming you have one and scan your computer for a malicious program that would be using your computers resources to mine bitcoins for other people. If you do not have an anti-virus program Avast and AVG have decent free options to use.

LarryAtona56

Reputable
Jan 30, 2017
Rise of the Tomb Raider, GTA V, Skyrim, BDO (online game), but I do have an anti-virus, nod32 full license, and the computer is brand new, how is there going to be a virus... Just to be clear, overheating of the cpu or gpu can cause fps drops or not? And what could be the cause of the drops besides a "virus" ...

ARICH5

Distinguished
gta5 is pretty generic offline....

dirty case...

is the comp near a heating vent?

check your ssd drivers. even though gta5 is not on the c drive windows has to access it from c:
stay current on the new nvidia drivers.

Solution