erenturan

Commendable
Oct 13, 2017
Hey there

I play CSGO at 1280x960 with all settings Low, and I have:
G4560
8gb RAM (single-stick)
GTX 1050ti

I used to play at around 240-300fps with this rig, and then once around seven months ago, I switched off my PC accidentally my clicking the power button. Once I turned it on, it had resulted with my fps halved. (It hasn't really been at the forefront of my mind until started using my PC again)

I don't know why or how, and I have no clue as to why my fps had halved all of a sudden. Everything is slow in general and, from time to time, my PC has 100% Disk from some applications that are only using 1.0MBps, and it also shows 25% usage when there are around 4 or 5 applications using 0.1MBps, but again it also varies as I've seen one use 25MBps and it only use 20% of my disk and I'm not really sure if this has any relevance.

I have tried to reset my pc (not restore) and all that did was delete all applications i had and keep my personal files...

Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance

Oussebon

Upstanding
Feb 17, 2020
I don't know why or how, and I have no clue as to why my fps had halved all of a sudden. Everything is slow in general and, from time to time, my PC has 100% Disk from some applications that are only using 1.0MBps, and it also shows 25% usage when there are around 4 or 5 applications using 0.1MBps, but again it also varies as I've seen one use 25MBps and it only use 20% of my disk and I'm not really sure if this has any relevance.
It depends on the kind of activity on the disk as to what MB/s = what % load.

If you've just done a reset, wiping out your apps anyway, I'd be tempted to suggest doing a clean windows install. You can back up your files to external and/or cloud storage, create a Windows installation media direct from MS, and clean install (deleting all partitions during the process to remove all traces of the old OS).

Allow Windows to handle all driver installation, except the GPU which you can download from Nvidia. Install only the relevant game, and see whether performance is back up to where it ought to be.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts