[SOLVED] Low FPS after resetting GPU driver using hotkeys ?

Aug 4, 2021
I recently reset my GPU driver and now I'm getting super low FPS in Minecraft with shaders. Can anyone tell me why this happened? My graphics card is a gtx 1650 on a laptop. runs very well. never encountered this before. help!!!

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you elaborate on how you reset your GPU drivers? Do you mean resetting your OS which in turn reset your GPU drivers as well? If so, please state the make and model of your laptop, an SKU will help us two fold. Include the BIOS version for your laptop. If you can't locate the BIOS version, use CPU-Z to show you your BIOS version(motherboard tab, BIOS section). If your BIOS and OS are up to date, use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then reboot, manually source the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site, then install said drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

See if that helps you out.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you elaborate on how you reset your GPU drivers? Do you mean resetting your OS which in turn reset your GPU drivers as well? If so, please state the make and model of your laptop, an SKU will help us two fold. Include the BIOS version for your laptop. If you can't locate the BIOS version, use CPU-Z to show you your BIOS version(motherboard tab, BIOS section). If your BIOS and OS are up to date, use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then reboot, manually source the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site, then install said drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

See if that helps you out.

Solution