Question Low FPS after upgrading GPU

Apr 8, 2020
Hello guys,

I have a bit of a problem. Last week I had to change my GPU, because my PC just turned off and I couldn't turn it back on, so I found out (tbh I'm not 100% sure) that it was a graphics card. But now, I'm having problem with my "new" graphics card, because when I want to play some games (cs:go), I can only get like 120fps in average (it goes from 70 up to 220 max) on low details and 1280x960 resolution. And I know that with my PC it should be over 200 at least in average, because even with my old GPU it was like that... Do you have any ideawhat should I do or what could be wrong?

Like I said, I recently change the GPU because one day my pc just turned off and the monitor was just black after the screen "starting windows" (on win 7) and then, when I reinstalled PC I was able to start the pc, but after installing GPU drivers it just went black again, so I bought used GPU and reinstalled windows (like 7 times at least, cause I had many problems during it) and now I have win 10 but with the problem of low fps. :(

btw. I also tried better PSU with 550w because one of my thoughts was maybe there's problem with some PSU connections, but it didn't help...

My PC:
CPU: i5 4460 3.2Ghz
GPU: now msi R9 280x 3GB (before Sapphire R9 270x 2GB)
8GB RAM DDR3
PSU: Seasonic SS430GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-D2V

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2020
Corsair VS550 White Certified.
And also update: by the time I created this, my monitor went to "sleep mode" and I couldn't wake it up, only with restarting the whole pc. But it is already with the new graphics card. So idk. Something is wrong and idk what. I have all latest drivers installed and fresh windows, so I don't think it's software, but with problems like this I think, it can only be motherboard since gpu and psu look they are working properly. Maybe I should just take it to some PC service cause I'm really run out of ideas

Apr 8, 2020
It happened to me too, i have the same CPU as you and upgraded my GPU from a R7 370 to a gtx 1660 Super.
Used to have 150-170 fps in csgo now i cant get more than 130.