Question Low fps and blue screen after craphic card overclock!?

SeeNi123

Prominent
Mar 3, 2019
So i have optiplex 390 and my components are i5 2400, 8gb ddr3 1366 mhz, deafult dell power supply and rx 550 and i have that configuration 6 months and ive never had a single problem with it. Recently i overclocked the rx 550 to core clock from 1206 to 1400 and memory from 1750 to 1900 and i ran unigine heaven for 1 cycle and it was fine temps never went above 54c and i was playing games like fortnite and apex normally and then after 5 days my games started to stutter and lag so hard and that got worse so in apex and fortnite my fps was 5 and dropping to 1 and then game would freeze or i would get blue screen so i removed the overclock from graphics card and set everything to deafult and it was still happening but the only game that stayed normal was pubg mobile emulator, so after all that i reinstalled my windows 10 and it is still happening and now its even worse some 60fps youtube videos dont look like and feel like 60fps more like 30 and videos stutter hard when something demanding is happening on screen. So i dont know could that be the graphics card or something else please help!

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH!!!

Chrushop

Prominent
Mar 2, 2019
Make sure drivers are up to date. If they are already up to date. Try rolling drivers back to version from 6 months ago.

Try using MSI Afterburner to max out your power limit and temperature limit without any over clocking.

Reactions: SeeNi123

Chrushop

Prominent
Mar 2, 2019
That's great, I've had trouble with Radeon Cards before, sometimes those new drivers even make your favourite game incompatible with your GPU, if you have a driver that works I ended up turning updates off completely with Crimson and I'll do it every year or so instead