[SOLVED] Low FPS and lagging

pennan88

Commendable
Jan 13, 2021
Hello and good evening!

I recently got my new 3080, but have discovered several problems after installing it. I have low fps on pretty much any game, on League of legends i play with 20-50fps, on bf5 i play on 100-120fps on lowest settings, and CoD modern warfare i cant even play because its laggins so much and crashing,

Things i have tried
  • Update graphic driver drivers.
  • Reinstalling graphic drivers.
  • Updated windows 10.
  • Update BIOS.
  • Reinstall games.
  • did i clean install of windows when i got the new 3080.
  • alot of googling.
Images of ingame benchmarks

SPECS
CPU - Intel Core i5 9600k 3.70GHz
RAM - 16gb 3200MHz
MOTHERBOARD - ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING
GPU - MSI GeForce RTX 3080 10GB VENTUS 3X OC
PSU - Seasonic FOCUS GX 850W.

and while i have a game open, even league of legends. My entire pc is slower, takes ages to open chrome and other programs.

Any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT///
I updated chipset and IME, worked for one day then it went back to the same, i tried reseting BIOS to default settings. CPU seems capped at 800Mhz ingame.

Last edited:
Solution
I have done some more googeling and it turns out that MSI dragon center was the problem, more specific the "Gaming mode" was turnt on, so for now its working fine. Thanks for all the help

pennan88

Commendable
Jan 13, 2021
Chipset drivers and BIOS updates are linked most of the time.
While updating the BIOS, always update the chipset driver and Intel management engine (IME) if an update is available
Okey so it worked fine yesterday, but today i have the same problems, i have tried reinstalling the chipset and IME but still got the same issues.

Dont know if this means anything but when i start Moder Warfare or League of legends, the msi afterburner changes settings.

pennan88

Commendable
Jan 13, 2021
I have done some more googeling and it turns out that MSI dragon center was the problem, more specific the "Gaming mode" was turnt on, so for now its working fine. Thanks for all the help

Reactions: Flayed
Solution