Question Low FPS and stuttering on Acer laptop ?

Jul 11, 2023
I bought an Acer Nitro 5 515-55 laptop about a year ago. It worked perfectly for the first 5 months, but about 2 months ago it started suffering from severe lag and stutters. When I play games like GTA V, the fps won't go over 75 on medium settings. It also stutters heavily. I've tried every fix I know:

I turned off all the types of V-sync.
I've repasted,
set the performance to the highest level,
selected the dedicated GPU,
cleaned the fans, and done a lot of other fixes.

I've contacted Acer, but they haven't responded yet. I am a university student, and I can't afford to buy a new laptop. It would be great if someone could help me. My temps hover around 90 °C on the CPU and 80 °C on the GPU when put under heavy load. I also keep it plugged in at all times.

My laptop specs are:
RTX 3060
i5-10300H
1x16 GB RAM
500GB SSD

Sorry for the poor grammar; I'm not a native speaker.

NanoSuit3

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2017
This might seem rather random for this post to be responded as no one has attempted to for 2 weeks but heyyy...................Anyways, this happens to me too but not the stutter or lag just hyperactive fan noise which I do love cuz it shows it's working rather all well is all but that's just me. Anyways, those temps are practically normal for a 10th series i5 / 3060 Acer LT. Ever tried just unplugging it from the wall and letting it sit for a few? Sometimes over excessive usage of a laptop being "kept plugged in at all times" can cause what your having rn.................Frame drops and stutters cuz it makes it think that "Oh I'm now basically a desktop now, let's see how hott I can get". From now on, try unplugging it from the wall every so often to have it cool of from being plugged in as that actually kinda helped my problem. I have an ROG Zephyrus GM501m Laptop just so you wanted to know it.