[SOLVED] Low FPS even on RX 570? Cause?

Claszureme

Reputable
Nov 3, 2015
Hello, I just bought a new GPU which is a MSI 8G RX 570 and a new PSU which is also a Silverstone ST50F-ESB. After I installed the stuffs and played some games, I experienced some stutters or FPS drops(40 more or less) on my games even though my GPU is way better than my previous ones which was a GTX 750 Ti. I tried to overclocked it to 1400Mhz and stillgot the same.

For you guys, what might be the causes of these happenings?
1- RAM (8GB Kingston VRAM 1600Mhz DDR3)
2- CPU(AMD A10-7850K)
3- 768p Monitor using HDMI-VGA

thanks!

What games are you running?

If you are just running at 1366x768, you should be running at 60FPS easily. Might check what's running in the background?

Also, when you upgraded, how did you handle the drivers? You may need to use DDU remove the video drivers for the old card and the new card, then reinstall the AMD drivers.

Claszureme

Reputable
Nov 3, 2015
What games are you running?

If you are just running at 1366x768, you should be running at 60FPS easily. Might check what's running in the background?

Also, when you upgraded, how did you handle the drivers? You may need to use DDU remove the video drivers for the old card and the new card, then reinstall the AMD drivers.

Uhm, I just installed the RX 570 Drivers and that's it. What do I need to do? Is these things might causing problems?

So what budget CPU(100$ more or less) should I buy? Is also a 1080p 60hz monitor fine for the specs?

I'd hold off on upgrading your CPU for now. You would need to upgrade your motherboard as well, and that would probably force you into a DDR4 system that will cost even more.

Your CPU will hold back your GPU some, but I don't think it's a serious restriction on you at the moment. I'd suggest trying to resolve the issue without buying more hardware first if you can.

Just FYI, if you're looking to upgrade at the moment you could look at something like a first gen Ryzen 5 1600:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor ($114.00 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 V2 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($67.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $246.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-27 21:58 EDT-0400

That gets you onto an up to date platform with decent DDR4 RAM. You wouldn't have stuttering issues and you'd have plenty of cost effective upgrade options if you started to struggle with new games in 2-3 years.

Obviously that's more than you $100 budget, but it's still not a huge amount of money compared to a completely new system.