Low Fps Graphics Card

ehertel

Prominent
May 2, 2017
I am getting really low fps on csgo. My friend has the same card and hits more than 3x as much. My computer has a ms-7374 motherboard, AMD Phenom 9950 quad core processor, a GTX 750 ti graphics card and 6gb of ram. I was wondering what the problem is. I am running windows 10 64 bit

Solution

that mobo is am2+ socket right? cant really tell a good processor with that socket, its getting aging, i personally recommend you getting new processor with different socket. i think the cpu is kinda bottlenecking and if you want to get new processor with same socket, performance you get wouldnt be really far from current performance you get, mainly because it is aging. maybe some budget friendly pentium would be pretty good or consider another amd processor with different socket, it might do good job for some casual gaming

nvincent_08

Reputable
have you checked fps lock on csgo, usually csgo lock the max fps. have you checked sign of bottleneck? it could be happened bcs bottleneck. also check for driver, you could be having insufficient power. also check services/program that running, sometimes some program can do those, especially malware and virus

ehertel

Prominent
May 2, 2017
I hit 50 fps on csgo. My fried has better everything in his computer, except the graph card. I'm wondering if theres just one component I need to upgrade. And what a cheap option would be.

ehertel

Prominent
May 2, 2017
Okay, my next question is. If I upgrade the cpu. Does anyone know a cpu that works good with a NVidia gtx 750 ti. That is compatible with a MS 7374 MSI motherboard

nvincent_08

Reputable

that mobo is am2+ socket right? cant really tell a good processor with that socket, its getting aging, i personally recommend you getting new processor with different socket. i think the cpu is kinda bottlenecking and if you want to get new processor with same socket, performance you get wouldnt be really far from current performance you get, mainly because it is aging. maybe some budget friendly pentium would be pretty good or consider another amd processor with different socket, it might do good job for some casual gaming

Solution