• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Low Fps gtx 970

Mar 3, 2020
So I recently built a computer for my brothers birthday. It has my old gtx 970, and when that card was in my old system it used to run most games at much higher than 60fps. So I installed it in this computer and now games like skyrim and tf2 are running at 20-40 fps. The only thing I can think thats happening is that the system is using the integrated graphics in the processor. I have tried the basic fixes with the issue I suspect. But nothing works. Please help.

Update: it's not running the games on the integrated graphics. I think. The are disabled and uninstalled. All temperatures are normal. What could possibly make this thing run like this

Msi Gtx 970 4gb

intel i5 3570k

16gb ram ddr3

Asrock z77 pro

Corsair 500w psu

Wd blue 500gb harddrive

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2020
Please add the missing info, Motherbd, PSU, HDD/SSD, Display.

Off hand I'll guess you did not install the motherbd drivers first.
Not sure why the motherboard drivers would impact performance that severely but I'll check. I also added the rest of the info

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS