Low FPS, GTX590

wizer900

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
I have a GTX590, I am running my computer to my TV through my computers HDMI port, not my GTX590 DMI or Mini-HDMI port, is this causing my low FPS?

I have a gigabyte Z68AP-D3, 16gb RAM, and a i7-2600k, my friend, with the exact same setup, but using the DMI cables, is getting the right FPS. Is my CPU running all the games? Or is it a setting that I need to enable disable for my GTX590

The Halo Don

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
Hmm, not sure what your problem is, but I say you try these things:

- UPDATE TO THE NEWEST VIDEO DRIVERSS (If you dont do this, it usually causes problems)

- Switch the ports? (I doubt this will prove anything, but maybe a slot is just ruined?).

Also, make sure that you are connecting the port to the GTX 590 and not the motherboards inputs.

Try these things and get back at me.

arson94

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
I think hat's exactly what he's saying The Halo Don, he's running his video through the HDMI port on his motherboard.

wizer900, using the HDMI port on your motherboard uses your motherboard's onbaord graphics chip. You need to use the DVI or DisplayPort ports on your video card and then you'll get the fps you're expecting.

Also, when you say you're not using the DMI port on your gtx-590 but your friend is, are you meaning DVI instead of DMI?