Question Low fps help

Feb 12, 2019
I recently changed the graphics card on my Dell XPS 3800 to a GTX 1060 and i get a little bit of fps while playing games ( Ex CSGO runs at 59 fps) my friend has a GTX 1050 and he has almost 600 FPS on CSGO. Can anyone help me and tell me what might be wrong? Thank you

muffinmanbored

Prominent
Nov 2, 2018
did you do a clean intall of your driver for the gtx 1060?, did you check in the nvidia control panel for settings there? also, could be vsync? dont think it would be but it might, if its locked at 59 frames i would say its vsync but anyways, you could also check int the nvidia control panel go to manage 3d settings and make sure the preferred graphics processor is on your 1060 not integrated but lemme know and we can go from there

Feb 12, 2019
did you do a clean intall of your driver for the gtx 1060?, did you check in the nvidia control panel for settings there? also, could be vsync? dont think it would be but it might, if its locked at 59 frames i would say its vsync but anyways, you could also check int the nvidia control panel go to manage 3d settings and make sure the preferred graphics processor is on your 1060 not integrated but lemme know and we can go from there
Yes i did all of that, i was searching up this problem and i think it might be my cpu that is causing the bottleneck. i wouldnt be suprised if that was the case since this is a 2012 dell i believe... do you think anything harmful can happen if i use the computer like this while i save up for the upgrades??

muffinmanbored

Prominent
Nov 2, 2018
i would say the cpu gives a small bottleneck but not enough to cause frames like that, the i5-2300 isnt a bad processor, but on the topic of doing anything harmful to your pc i would say no, i dont see any harm in using while saving for upgrades, also an easy way to determine if youre bottlenecked, while its not exact it gives a good estimate, would be to use https://thebottlenecker.com/calculator ive used it plenty determining if my and upgrade would help a bottleneck or cause another one

Feb 12, 2019
i would say the cpu gives a small bottleneck but not enough to cause frames like that, the i5-2300 isnt a bad processor, but on the topic of doing anything harmful to your pc i would say no, i dont see any harm in using while saving for upgrades, also an easy way to determine if youre bottlenecked, while its not exact it gives a good estimate, would be to use https://thebottlenecker.com/calculator ive used it plenty determining if my and upgrade would help a bottleneck or cause another one
Thank you so much for the help, it says that my GPU is too weak and recommends the Core i7-4770R and a few others. But one worry is if i get that would it be compatible with my current motheboard?

muffinmanbored

Prominent
Nov 2, 2018
Thank you so much for the help, it says that my GPU is too weak and recommends the Core i7-4770R and a few others. But one worry is if i get that would it be compatible with my current motheboard?
it reccomends better parts without taking into consoderation the socket set or anything like that, i would just look into better cpus in the socket you have