[SOLVED] Low fps in all games suddenly Is there a fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2019
Recently my fps has been bad in all my games.I would normally be able to run all my games at 144 plus fps but now my fps is as bad as 60 i have tried everthing.
Can anyone help with this?

specs:
Gtx 1060 3gb
vengeance lpx 2x8gb ddr4 at 2400mhz
i5 9400f at 2.90ghz

Thanks in advance

Solution
Userbench is saying your cpu isnt performing well. An avg turbo of 2.3GHz. 9400F has a base clock of 2.9 and 3.9 all core turbo. Looks like your cpu is not being cooled properly and is throttling.

A30 is a mediocre cooler and needs a lot of air flow for it to be any good. Your case only having one rear fan wouldn't be helping. Your case can accommodate 2x 120m or 140m intake fans. They didn't include these because the case is designed around the idea of having a water cooled radiator with fans placed at the front instead.

Check idle cpu temps with HWinfo64 or Coretemp. If cpu is overheating, i suggest checking your cooler is mounted properly and getting intake fans for your case.

Specs on your case...

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What have you tried?

Have you looked at your cpu/gpu temps, frequency & usage while gaming by using a tool like Msi Afterburner to osd while playing?

Run Userbench and post link to results.

Complete your system secs, include;

Motherboard
Hdd/ssd (& where Win/games are installed and how much space is left)
Psu
Cooling
Case
Windows version

Nov 5, 2019
msi h310m pro vh plus
corsair vs350 psu
antec a30 cpu cooler
1tb beracuda hdd with only 200gb used
1 corsair case fan
q300l case
and windows 10 pro 64 bit

this is the userbenchmark score
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/21503064

and the temps seem fine gpu and cpu are like 50/60 when gaming and 30 when idle usage is like high 50 and sometimes 60 aswell

Last edited:

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Userbench is saying your cpu isnt performing well. An avg turbo of 2.3GHz. 9400F has a base clock of 2.9 and 3.9 all core turbo. Looks like your cpu is not being cooled properly and is throttling.

A30 is a mediocre cooler and needs a lot of air flow for it to be any good. Your case only having one rear fan wouldn't be helping. Your case can accommodate 2x 120m or 140m intake fans. They didn't include these because the case is designed around the idea of having a water cooled radiator with fans placed at the front instead.

Check idle cpu temps with HWinfo64 or Coretemp. If cpu is overheating, i suggest checking your cooler is mounted properly and getting intake fans for your case.

Specs on your case.

Last edited:
Solution
Nov 5, 2019
i not sure what to do because i can only find one fan header on the motherboard is it possible to plug in more fans?
because i have an extra two
I use hwmonitor but there are no cpu temps showing

boju

Titan
Ambassador
One fan should help, two would be better to create pressure. Can get fan splitters and run two fans off the one header.

If temps don't decrease enough, yeah look at a better cooler. Check your case dimensions and see what can fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.