Question Low FPS in Apex

Aug 17, 2019
PSU: POWERCOOL 550 WAT, i doubt its the problem, lots of the people i asked said my CPU is not boosting and its because of "thermal throttling?"
My CPU goes to about 40-60C in game
and my GPU goes to about 80-100C

DSzymborski

Glorious
Yeah, the temperatures of the GPU look like the problem. Are the fans working?

And I would definitely agree with the others about the quality of the PSU. That's a frighteningly low quality PSU to use with any discrete GPU, let alone one that costs a few hundred dollars.

Did this setup ever work for you properly? And you're positive you're not using the integrated graphics?

Aug 17, 2019
Ill see into the power supply problem, and i don't have integrated graphics.
Ill get a water cooling system soon, will that fix the performance issues?

Aug 17, 2019
Yeah, the temperatures of the GPU look like the problem. Are the fans working?

And I would definitely agree with the others about the quality of the PSU. That's a frighteningly low quality PSU to use with any discrete GPU, let alone one that costs a few hundred dollars.

Did this setup ever work for you properly? And you're positive you're not using the integrated graphics?
its a new Computer so this setup is pretty new, and i was having these problems since i first got it.

DSzymborski

Glorious
Ill see into the power supply problem, and i don't have integrated graphics.
Ill get a water cooling system soon, will that fix the performance issues?
An i7-6700k has integrated graphics. Intel HD 530 to be exact.

Water cooling won't help your GPU temperatures unless it's a custom loop that will cool the GPU. You ought to look at the fans and the fan curve on the GPU. I believe the 1060 will start throttling at 83 degrees.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS