Question Low FPS in COD WARZONE 2080 SUPER Ryzen 5 3600

wisdom1822

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2013
I've got a problem in COD Warzone regarding my FPS. On youtube it shows people with the very same setup as me (sometimes even slower ram) getting around 140-170 on high settings and 170-220 at low settings (1080p)
in my case as soon as I drop down the fps goes from 150 to 90-130 depending on the area, running the game at almost the lowest settings @ 1080p..
My PC seems to be under performing especially in this game for what reason I do not know..
I've tried: Reinstalling the game on different SSDs, clean driver installation, tried out older drivers, tried setting the cpu priority setting to (Normal) in the Task Manager, yet that didn't do anything to help..
My CPU is at stock speed with a stock AMD cooler mounted on top of it. my computer is entirely new as in less than 2 weeks old..
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/32348572

Please help i'd really appreciate it

Last edited:

Rae Nelvin

Great
Aug 25, 2020
I have 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHZ Ram sticks
These are the results of a benchmark I just did
It's worth saying that PUBG is underperforming too.. getting around 90-110 at very low settings
What about your PSU? Have you installed all the needed driver? The GPU driver? CPU driver?

Try to install MSI Afterburner and activate some of the sensors and see how's your GPU doing

Reactions: wisdom1822

wisdom1822

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2013
What about your PSU? Have you installed all the needed driver? The GPU driver? CPU driver?

Try to install MSI Afterburner and activate some of the sensors and see how's your GPU doing
I have done that, GPU seems to be running @ 70%-74% when I'm in-game @1080p, but my CPU isn't fully loaded I believe it's hitting around 30%-50% usage. my PSU is "GIGABYTE 650W P650B 80+ BRONZE 3 YEAR "
I have the latest GPU Driver from Nvidia which I believe is 452.06 but regarding my CPU I have no clue whether I actually have to install a CPU Driver or not?
The thing I had SATA 2.0 Cable connected to my main SSD and even after I switched it over to SATA 3.0 the performance still remained the same after I performed a second benchmark, I even overclocked my Graphics Card a little bit and made sure I clocked my ram @ 3200 MHZ Still I saw no major difference only a couple frames here and there..
Like I said previously, This SSD which I'm using I installed it by myself on my new PC and it was Windows-ready from my previous build, and it had all the games I wanted to try out and play as soon as I powered it up. I don't know if this could be the reason why my WARZONE and PUBG are underperforming so much, who knows what other games are underperforming as well.. so far Red Dead Redemption 2 is running like a charm as far as I know.
Thank you for replying nonetheless

Rae Nelvin

Great
Aug 25, 2020
I have done that, GPU seems to be running @ 70%-74% when I'm in-game @1080p, but my CPU isn't fully loaded I believe it's hitting around 30%-50% usage. my PSU is "GIGABYTE 650W P650B 80+ BRONZE 3 YEAR "
I have the latest GPU Driver from Nvidia which I believe is 452.06 but regarding my CPU I have no clue whether I actually have to install a CPU Driver or not?
The thing I had SATA 2.0 Cable connected to my main SSD and even after I switched it over to SATA 3.0 the performance still remained the same after I performed a second benchmark, I even overclocked my Graphics Card a little bit and made sure I clocked my ram @ 3200 MHZ Still I saw no major difference only a couple frames here and there..
Like I said previously, This SSD which I'm using I installed it by myself on my new PC and it was Windows-ready from my previous build, and it had all the games I wanted to try out and play as soon as I powered it up. I don't know if this could be the reason why my WARZONE and PUBG are underperforming so much, who knows what other games are underperforming as well.. so far Red Dead Redemption 2 is running like a charm as far as I know.
Thank you for replying nonetheless
I've recently built a decent gaming PC using my Laptop's SSD which contain only the Windows and it works fine when I'm playing the games. Your PSU is looking fine. And, I see you're using AMD CPU so for the CPU driver if you've installed it there's should be a program called AMD Ryzen Master installed in your PC.

My last solution is to reinstall the game. Or you might want to do clean install of the Windows. Clean install all of the driver. That's the last option you got I guess.

Reactions: wisdom1822

wisdom1822

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2013
I've recently built a decent gaming PC using my Laptop's SSD which contain only the Windows and it works fine when I'm playing the games. Your PSU is looking fine. And, I see you're using AMD CPU so for the CPU driver if you've installed it there's should be a program called AMD Ryzen Master installed in your PC.

My last solution is to reinstall the game. Or you might want to do clean install of the Windows. Clean install all of the driver. That's the last option you got I guess.
Alright my friend I will do that!
Thank you for your precious advice

Reactions: Rae Nelvin

wisdom1822

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2013
Your RAM isn't operating at the correct speed according to UB. Make sure the sticks are installed in slots a2-b2 and XMP is enabled in BIOS.

I've formatted my entire PC with the latest Windows 10 copy downloaded from Microsoft, redownloaded the game and installed the latest driver to my other straight out of the box M.2 SSD and the game still underperforms badly..

Sep 16, 2020
I got a R5 3600
RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+ 8gb
2x8 16gb tforce delta 3200 sticks.

Running the game 120 - 140ish FPS with High Settings.

Mod Edit - No Self Promotion

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 9, 2020
I have 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHZ Ram sticks
These are the results of a benchmark I just did
It's worth saying that PUBG is underperforming too.. getting around 90-110 at very low settings
Have you enabled XMP setting in BIOS? Go to task manager and make sure your RAM is running at recommended speed. RYZEN benefits strongly from fast RAM. Also make sure you have the latest AMD chipset drivers installed. In game try running fullscreen with NVIDIA overlay turned off, this provided some serious performance gains for me. You could try going to your computers power settings too and putting it in "high performance" mode. There is also a thing in windows called "game mode" I have heard if you disable it that can actually help in game fps.

Nov 30, 2020
I've got a problem in COD Warzone regarding my FPS. On youtube it shows people with the very same setup as me (sometimes even slower ram) getting around 140-170 on high settings and 170-220 at low settings (1080p)
in my case as soon as I drop down the fps goes from 150 to 90-130 depending on the area, running the game at almost the lowest settings @ 1080p..
My PC seems to be under performing especially in this game for what reason I do not know..
I've tried: Reinstalling the game on different SSDs, clean driver installation, tried out older drivers, tried setting the cpu priority setting to (Normal) in the Task Manager, yet that didn't do anything to help..
My CPU is at stock speed with a stock AMD cooler mounted on top of it. my computer is entirely new as in less than 2 weeks old..

Please help i'd really appreciate it

you said the problem. The youtubers overlock there cpu and gpu and turn settings like shadows off and change 3d settings in the nvidia control panel like texture rendering to performance . your running stock speeds lol. AQnd alot of them use capture cards that dont hinder performance. you cant expect the same fps from an overclocked system. and also you have a stock cooler wich isnt good for overclocking at all. I have liquid aio cooler and most youtubers have them also. your system must be throttling due to heat keep the system cool and overclock it. my overclocked 1660 super and r5 3600 gets average 145 fps on a mix of settingsd med and high shadows low. remember there not running stock speeds and coolers + settings

Dec 9, 2020
When you have an ryzen 5 3600 or ryzen 5 3600x you might try the fix from this YouTube Video

View: https://youtu.be/muSXmzm783s

Seems to give a good fps boost and smoother gaming experience.
I just found it and will try it myself later as i am having simular Problems with my r5 3600 and gtx 1660 6gb. Fps goes from 70-90 while gaming and sometimes i have stuttering Problems.

Dec 23, 2020
I'm having the same problem here, i have the 3600, GTX 1080, 40gb RAM 3200mhz cl16 (2x16)+(2x4), b450m steel legend, 650w Corsair Psu, i've tried the fix on the video but it shows no result.
I also have overclocked my GPU and CPU a lot.
My GPU Runing at More than 2000mhz on the core clock and 5500mhz on the memory clock
and The CPU all cores on 4500mhz, temp around 70*c, i have the corsair h100i pro rgb (Water cooler 240mm)

but got the same results,

I see this as a complete CPU problem, i have turned the game settings all to lowest possible, even the resolution, the GPU gets around 60% usage, and the CPU around 40-60%, but the FPS don't go higher then 130 ...

If anyone tried something different lets keep updating this post.

Sorry for my bad english guys.