Low FPS in CS:GO after installing new SSD

Dec 31, 2018
I'm having a real tough time figuring out what the problem is here so I'll try to outline everything relevant to the situation. I got a new Samsung 860 EVO SSD. I already had a Samsung 960 M.2 for windows, my main steam games, and main programs that I use, and a Samsung 850 EVO for everything else.

I was running out of space on my 850 so I got the 860 to move the rest of my steam games onto, however I still kept CS:GO on the M.2. So I go to install it, touch nothing else in my computer, plug all the cables back in and I get to my first hiccup. I was forced into my BIOS screen after my computer restarted 3 times when booting. I think this is because my computer just didn't know what drive to boot from at first so I selected my M.2 and everything was good from there.

I formatted the drive and moved my steam games one by one using the process from the steam library. Samsung Magician recognizes my other two SSDs but for some reason still says the 860 is unsupported. I'm unsure if that means anything significant.

Anyways, fast forward to when I want to play CS:GO. I'm immediately locked to 60 fps. I can't tell if it's actually locked or just hovering there, because it goes lower most of the time and when I open CS:GO my fps will be 100+ but within a few seconds go to 60. Usually I hover around 120 fps.

I have double checked all my nvidia settings, my refresh rate, and CS:GO settings. Nothing changed until I installed the new SSD, and CS:GO nor any main steam files are even installed on that one! I just don't get it. I have since updated various drivers, restarted my computer, and reinstalled CS:GO which didn't change anything. Also, I have checked most of my other games (both steam and not) and I still get normal fps in them. The rest of my specs are listed below:

Nvidia GTX 1080 GPU OCed with MSI Gaming App
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 CPU at 3.8 GHz
16 GB RAM
Monitor at 144 Hz

I play CS:GO at 1920 x 1080 with medium settings (Also in Fullscreen Windowed mode, I notice that I actually get a little less fps in Fullscreen.)
I have also looked into changing my launch options in CS:GO with little to no effect.

Also somewhat of a bonus question: Should I be getting more fps (than 120) in CS:GO with this setup? I know it's more CPU intensive, but still. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give!

Dec 31, 2018
Some stuff I realized I forgot to include or thought would also be relevant:

I'm on the latest Windows 10 Creators update.
Pretty much everything having to do with the Xbox app is disabled such as DVR, Game Bar, and Game Mode. None of that changed with the SSD.
Messing around with resolution settings I can get better fps with each step down, but I've never had problems with 1920 x 1080 before.