[SOLVED] Low FPS in CS:GO with RX 570 8GB

FergyBoi

Prominent
Oct 31, 2020
Hey, I have a Ryzen 5 1600, RX 570 8GB setup, and I'm getting about 40-150 FPS on ALL low settings (1080p) 16:9 in CS:GO. I've seen videos with the same setup on CS and they're getting like 200-350 FPS. Any idea on how to up these frames? RAM is set to 2666mhz cause I've heard if you set it above 2933mhz on 1st gen Ryzen then your CPU doesn't do very well and I don't wanna have to deal with more issues. Could that be the issue? Rest of specs: ASRock B450M pro4 Motherboard, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600 CL18 (It was $1 more than the 3200 speed in November so I just grabbed it for the future even though my setup isn't good enough for 3600 speed), 512GB Sabrent Rocket NVME SSD, 500W EVGA BQ Power supply.

Thank you all in advance! :)

Solution
Remember that posted benchmarks/gaming FPS scores are usually the top .1%. They are not the norm - they are the outlier.
No one's going to post 'meh' benchmarks/gaming FPS videos. Benchers/reviewers tweak, bench, tweak, bench, tweak, bench, etc., until they get a score that they deem 'worthy' and only then does it gets posted. These are usually people who work with technology for a living and know the ins and outs of settings and components. Many of them also know how to 'cheat' the system by running the benchmarks with unrealistic settings. They change everything from CPU priority, to benchmark config changes, to doing borderless/alt tab crap. In short, don't worry about hitting published benchmark numbers.

Please list all...
Remember that posted benchmarks/gaming FPS scores are usually the top .1%. They are not the norm - they are the outlier.
No one's going to post 'meh' benchmarks/gaming FPS videos. Benchers/reviewers tweak, bench, tweak, bench, tweak, bench, etc., until they get a score that they deem 'worthy' and only then does it gets posted. These are usually people who work with technology for a living and know the ins and outs of settings and components. Many of them also know how to 'cheat' the system by running the benchmarks with unrealistic settings. They change everything from CPU priority, to benchmark config changes, to doing borderless/alt tab crap. In short, don't worry about hitting published benchmark numbers.

Please list all system specs (including PSU) and run a Userbenchmark and post a link to the results.

Solution

Latest posts