Question Low fps in csgo for a high end computer.

Mar 14, 2020
I have a 1080 ti 11gb, an i7-8700K, 16 gigs of ram @2667MHz and a 500 gig ssd @3200mb/s read and 1800mb/s write

I thought these components would pair up perfectly with my 240hz monitor in csgo but i barely get enough fps to keep up with the refreshrate. On Mr. uLLeticaL's fps benchmark i only get 260 ish fps and in ingame situations i sometimes drop under a hundred.

I dont know what to do. I have optimized my nvidia controlpanel settings and downloaded the latest drivers.
View: https://imgur.com/a/GG4DmUA

Im running on windows version 1909 and i have had much better fps before.

Around 2 months ago i completely reset my computer and only installed the most crutial things i needed without csgo and steam. I had over 400 gigs of free space and i achived around 340 fps on the benchmark map. However the fps keeps going back to how it is now and i dont want to factory reset my computer every 2-3 months.

Please help me, im desperate for frames, and dont tell me i only need 30 fps to play smoothly

Mar 14, 2020
Have you run something like Malwarebytes (free) to check if there is some malware hogging resources? Or run a full virus scan to be sure you don't have a mining virus stealing GPU resources? (although MB would probably find that too)
i downloaded it when i saw ur comment and ran a scan, it didnt detect anything

Apr 12, 2020
Brother can you contact me asap if you fixed it, I got a similar inexplicable low fps on a good pc, Running with Gtx 1080 i6700 3.40 GHZ 16 gb ddr4 ram. I am getting like 120fps on Cs Go, I have optimized my windows, and cs go I have razer cortex for closing background items, and I also tried playing without it aswell. Gpu usage around 20% and cpu around 40% temperatures don't go higher than 60 celcius, this is really getting on my nerves. I have done countless fixes in both CMD and Regedit, Nothing helped, My cpu drivers bios updates nvidia drivers Everything is updated fully and I can not find why I can not get higher fps than 150... I beg you please someone help me with this.

Mar 14, 2020
Brother can you contact me asap if you fixed it, I got a similar inexplicable low fps on a good pc, Running with Gtx 1080 i6700 3.40 GHZ 16 gb ddr4 ram. I am getting like 120fps on Cs Go, I have optimized my windows, and cs go I have razer cortex for closing background items, and I also tried playing without it aswell. Gpu usage around 20% and cpu around 40% temperatures don't go higher than 60 celcius, this is really getting on my nerves. I have done countless fixes in both CMD and Regedit, Nothing helped, My cpu drivers bios updates nvidia drivers Everything is updated fully and I can not find why I can not get higher fps than 150... I beg you please someone help me with this.

1st thing you can do: when you launch csgo you can go to your task manager and click on the details tab at the top. if you find csgo you can simply right click it change the affinity. when you are at the affinity tab you can see that all your cores are checkmarked, uncheck the one named CPU 0. this will give u up to like 10% fps boost in cs

2nd thing you can do: If you have a config ( a file with all your ingame settings for cs ) you can simply save that from the config folder and re install csgo and place the config file back. then you will still have all your settings and this might give you a fps boost (got me back to like 300 ish)

3rd thing you can do: change resolution ingame to a random resolution and then back to the one you use, this gives you a few extra frames if you desperately need more frames.

I don't know much about amd but be sure to set <Mod Edit> to performance. There is not that much you can do. csgo relies on ur cpu and since its an old game it only uses 2 cores. that's why you only see 20-40% usage while running csgo. there has been a few leaks lately about csgo moving to source 2 and if that happens we could maybe get to use more cores. this would give us way more fps but it seems like a lot of work to do for valve and still doesn't seem like care that much about the game anymore.

hope this helps, and choosing a low resolution doesn't help on a high end computer. i tested 1920x1080 and 1024x768 and only got like 10 fps more from running the lower one.

Last edited by a moderator: