Question Low fps in csgo

Griffmcc

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2014
Hello I have always gotten 360fps+ in csgo. I have a 3090 and i9 10900KF. I just got a benq 360hz monitor and now all of the sudden I am getting 60 fps with default settings and 100-200 fps lowest settings. I do not know how it would be related to the new monitor because I am getting the same low fps on my old monitor now too, with the new one unplugged.

CSGO is using 10 percent of my cpu and 99 percent of my gpu. This doesn't sound right but I don't know what the numbers were at yesterday, before this issue started. I have been trying to fix this for 3 hours and would really appreciate any help. I have tried deleting 730 folder, deleting entire cs go folder, reinstalling cs go, settings, power management, launch options, console commands, overclocking,

Also, my cpu is working perfect in benchmark and on other games. Its only in cs go where I have horrible fps and low cpu usage.

On what screen resolution are you gaming ? 1080p, 2K or 4K ? Did you also try a clean reinstall of the GPU drivers ?

CSGO is a CPU-bound/intensive title. So if the screen res is very high it won't put that much strain on the CPU cores/threads. The higher the screen resolution, the more GPU-bound any game becomes. Though, if the GPU is maxed out, the CPU can't do anything much.

But there is no hard and fast rule to this. What is the usage of the GPU in idle desktop Mode ? Are all the CPU cores "unparked" ? You can also disable hyper-threading and check whether doing this makes any difference or not.

Last edited: