im having low fps in dota2. 20-30fps.

Specs :
1050ti
Amd A10-7860k
ECS a68m-C4DL
620watts
8GBram
1Tb.
( HDMI monitor to VC / driver up to date )

Solution
u can change to single display performance mode and high performance in power management. but still these settings should net u around 60 fps easy.
r u trying to run dota in vulkan mode? if so try dx11. but i havent heard such poor vulkan performance even if thats the case.

u can also try nvidia geforce experience app to auto optimize if manual settings do not work. might be worth the shot.

spdragoo

Expert
Ambassador
You had the same FPS, no matter what resolution/quality setting you used? Or do you mean they were "low, but different numbers" on each?

If it's the former, then a) make sure you're using the 1050Ti (& not the integrated graphics on your A10), b) check the GPU & CPU temps when gaming & idle (to make sure they're not being throttled by heat), c) make sure your system doesn't have a lot of background processes running (& especially check for high disk usage, as well as high CPU usage when "idle")... & if those don't point to the issue, then you would normally conclude that you're being held back by your CPU. Exceptalthough DOTA isn't that stressful of a title -- http://www.techspot.com/review/785-free-to-play-games-benchmarks/page3.html shows a fairly similar APU on Maximum AA being able to reach 51FPS @ 1050p with the integrated graphics (& your 1050Ti is way better than the A10's integerated graphics, so it should have been able to hit 120FPS).

If it's the latter...then you'll need share your exact FPS results, sorted by resolution & settings.

Luisa_09

Prominent
Mar 22, 2017
No matter what the resolution or quality i used. i have the same fps.
*In game (idle inside the game fps 80-100fps. But when i start moving fps drop to 20-30fps )

Program settings in NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL:

Anisotropic filtering - Off
Antialiasing FXAA - Off
Antialiasing Gamma correction - On
Antialiasing mode - Application-Controlled
Antialiasing setting - application controlled
Antialiasing transparency - Off
CUDA GPU's - ALL
Maximum pre rendered frames - 1
Multi-Frame sampled AA (MFAA) - Off
Multi-display/mixed-GPU accelaration - multiple display performance
Power management mode - optimal power
shader Cache - On
Texture filtering Anisotropic sample option - Off
" " Negative LOD bias - Allow
" " Quality - Quality
" " Trilinear Optimization - ON
Threaded Optimization - auto
triple buffering - Off
Vertical sync - Off
Virtual reality pre-rendered frames - 1

u can change to single display performance mode and high performance in power management. but still these settings should net u around 60 fps easy.
r u trying to run dota in vulkan mode? if so try dx11. but i havent heard such poor vulkan performance even if thats the case.

u can also try nvidia geforce experience app to auto optimize if manual settings do not work. might be worth the shot.

Solution

KAISSAH

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I know its going to sound stupid, but I checked for Windows updates and I had a couple not installed yet, once installed everything went back to normal.

I already tried the Steam/Dota launch options, updated drivers, I even reinstalled Windows and no luck.

Tried installing Ubuntu, but didnt like it, FPS was going really low and couldnt play anymore.

When installing the updates it would stuck at 48% so I had to disable the Windows Update services and delete the Temp Deployment folder content, installed updates like in 5 minutes after that.

Hope this helps.