Low fps in every single game no matter what settings are changed

Cole_2

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016
So i had a pc built from Ironsides computers in june 2013, It was always working fine and all that except there has been plenty of times where certain games would just have terrible fps for seemingly no reason, but 10 minutes later it would be fine again. I just recently changed the motherboard, cpu, and gpu, (asrock z75 pro3 to asrock z97 extreme4, i7-3770k to i7-4790k, and gtx 770 to 2x sli gtx 970's. all in all it cost about $350 for the upgrade after selling all the old parts, but ever since, sli or not, high settings or low settings, any game at all that was normally run perfectly fine on the 770 or the 970 before the second one is now having terrible fps in any game, for example the game "grow home" on lowest settings that i recently got in a bundle has max 22-25 fps at best.
It obviously seems like some sli messup, but both x16 slots seem to be working fine, both gpu's are shown to be working and being utilized at a normal rate, processor stays at good temperature and utilization as well, so i'm having a hard time with finding out what the problem could even be.
I'm getting to where I'm about to just backup pictures and whatever else i'd rather not lose onto a 2nd hd and just full reset everything all at once.

any tips on possible problems or ways that I could find out the problem?

Cole_2

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016

That's one of the main things I was thinking would be a likely reason. Maybe i'll try and uninstall the 2nd gpu then try it again. the first time i sorta just plugged it in, put the bridge on and then let the driver disk install itself. Also i had to use snappy driver installer to install the sm bus driver and ethernet drivers because they were absent in device manager.

Cole_2

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016
ok so this might help, I am new to the technical stuff of pc's so bear with me.
the device adapters in device manager have the gpus listed as in pci bus1 and pci bus2, and both have "device 0, function 0" under properties. does that mean anything important?