low fps in far cry 5

MAXLEFT555

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016
i have an intel core i7 920 with rampage 2 extreme and 12 gb of ram.GTX 1080 AND WITH ALL THE SETTINGS TO ULTRA I TRY TO GET ONLY 40 fps....please advise...Thanks everyone in advance...the game is installed on a sata 3 hd...thanks again

Solution
What do you expect??? It is a 10 year old CPU, first generation, trying to handle the latest AAA game... With probably slow DDR3 1066 memory and max frequency at 2,93Ghz (base at 2,66Ghz). You can put any GPU on this, you wont have better performance than what you have now... Heavy bottleneck on the CPU... So like some said, lower your setting, upgrade your CPU/MOBO/RAM or enjoy your 40fps... ;-) (which is not that bad)...

Mammatus

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015
What do you expect??? It is a 10 year old CPU, first generation, trying to handle the latest AAA game... With probably slow DDR3 1066 memory and max frequency at 2,93Ghz (base at 2,66Ghz). You can put any GPU on this, you wont have better performance than what you have now... Heavy bottleneck on the CPU... So like some said, lower your setting, upgrade your CPU/MOBO/RAM or enjoy your 40fps... ;-) (which is not that bad)...

Solution

MAXLEFT555

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016

Maybe you're right..or yes let's say you are right...but why in call of duty world war 2 i have a steady 60fps all settings maxed out and on the new collosus wolfenstein maxed out above 150fps?????? Sometimes answering is not that simple.But anyway thanks.

Mammatus

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015

You cannot compare FPS that you have on a game with another game.. It is not because you have 60 steady on CoDWW2 and 150fps on wolfenstein that you gonna have that kind of FPS in Far cry 5... Each game is unique, some are well optimized, some not, some are more CPU bound, some are more GPU bound. Some prefer faster single core speed, other take advantage of the multicore. Far Cry is brand new, probably that the GPU drivers are not fully optimized for that game too. Etc etc etc... Plenty of reason why you cant reach 60fps. Your i7 is showing his age...

Have you tried to OC your CPU... That could help...