Low FPS in Fortnite (bottleneck?)

Sep 8, 2018
Hi, I recently upgraded my 1050 ti to a DUKE 8gb 1070 ti, and I'm disappointed to see that my pc is severely underperforming.
I used to get around 120 fps all the time with my 1050 ti, but when I upgraded, not much has really changed, the gameplay is really sloppy and im not happy with it.
Here are all the PC specs I can gather:

MSI 1070 Ti DUKE
Ryzen 5 1600x CPU
MSI X370 Pro Gaming Carbon Motherboard
16gb DDR4 Ram (Don't know the exact type)
60hz DELL monitor (getting a 144hz one in a couple days from now)
650W ULTRA PSU (its an older model I think, not new at all)

I ran a passmark performance test and my GPU got the score it was supposed to. (around 12000)

Also note that in my BIOS (or in the MSI gaming app), the game boost is on (OC).

NOTE: I play on stretched resolution 1440x1080 on fortnite, all low settings except textures, effects, and render distance. I go to tilted towers and it dips wayy down to around 65fps! It makes the game feel disgusting and super choppy. This happens on other games too, not just fortnite

Do I have a bottleneck anywhere? If not, what could it be? If anything I think it would have something to do with the overclock. Thanks!

Cioby

Distinguished
Did you do a clean DDU installation of the new drivers?

Also if your PSU is very old, you should consider replacing it. You only need 500W but if it's a bad one or if it's dying, it could be pretty bad. Also are you using a 6pin + 8 pin to power it?

Sep 8, 2018
Hi

Yes I did do a clean DDU installation.
Yes I am using a 6+8 power pin connection.

FOR PEOPLE REPLYING TO THIS POST: Just very recently I tried taking my 16gb ram stick out of my pc, just to place it back in, and when I did, and started up my pc, the monitor had no signal, and the keyboard wouldn't work. Windows did not boot.
I'm currently resolving ^ right now, so if you comment on this thread, I will read it, but I won't be able to try much of anything, due to the problem just stated.

Also, I don't believe it to be a PSU issue.