Question Low FPS in Forza Horizon 4 compared to same-GPU, worse-CPU benchmarks. What should I do?

Aug 20, 2019
My performance in-game is much worse compared to benchmarks with a worse CPU than mine but with the same GPU. These are my specs: i7 8086K, 16GB RAM 2666Mhz, GTX 1050 Ti 4GB VRAM. I barely get 40-50 fps on the low preset and at high speed it drops down to under 30 fps.

Aug 20, 2019
I unistalled all my GPU drivers aswell with DDU I think it's called, tried multiple different settings in NVIDIA Control Panel, different presets in Forza, and no my CPU isn't overheating (goes up to 70 degrees Celsius max) nor is my GPU ( goes up to 60).

Aug 18, 2019
Try to check the graphic settings on your Forza, because I've encountered this issue that even if you switch to 60FPS capped sometimes it get stuck to 30 FPS,

as far as I can remember you have option to select 30 FPS, 60 FPS, Non-Variable I think, regardless what you choose sometimes it get stuck with 60 or 30 FPS, try to select Non-Variable then close the program and run it again. it should, I was using GTX 1060 6gb and I was wondering why I am getting 30 FPS capped so that's the reason behind it.

There's one Gamer that was able to notice it as well I think it was shroud.

My performance in-game is much worse compared to benchmarks with a worse CPU than mine but with the same GPU. These are my specs: i7 8086K, 16GB RAM 2666Mhz, GTX 1050 Ti 4GB VRAM. I barely get 40-50 fps on the low preset and at high speed it drops down to under 30 fps.
Can you link the benchmark that shows the better FPS?
By how much is it faster?
A lot of times where in the game you test will produce very different FPS.
Also a 1050ti with 12 threads of CPU...the CPU might not get enough load to even get up to boost speeds,I would monitor the CPUs clock speed while running the game.

Aug 20, 2019
Try to check the graphic settings on your Forza, because I've encountered this issue that even if you switch to 60FPS capped sometimes it get stuck to 30 FPS,

as far as I can remember you have option to select 30 FPS, 60 FPS, Non-Variable I think, regardless what you choose sometimes it get stuck with 60 or 30 FPS, try to select Non-Variable then close the program and run it again. it should, I was using GTX 1060 6gb and I was wondering why I am getting 30 FPS capped so that's the reason behind it.

There's one Gamer that was able to notice it as well I think it was shroud.
and i have it on uncapped and turned off vsync manually from the control panel for nvidia

Aug 20, 2019
Also a 1050ti with 12 threads of CPU...the CPU might not get enough load to even get up to boost speeds,I would monitor the CPUs clock speed while running the game.
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...ormance-how-to-get-the-best-settings-on-pc/3/ and also

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV_4lfLKK9U&t=11s

Aug 20, 2019
and what do you mean by "the CPU might not get enough load to even get up to boost speeds "?

If the game only uses 4 thread and your CPU has 12 threads that is 1/3 of the CPU being used the system might deem this too low to even bother with high clocks.
That's why people suggest high performance power options in these situations,it makes it so that the CPU is always at high clocks.

Aug 20, 2019
If the game only uses 4 thread and your CPU has 12 threads that is 1/3 of the CPU being used the system might deem this too low to even bother with high clocks.
That's why people suggest high performance power options in these situations,it makes it so that the CPU is always at high clocks.
i used a command in a console and i have it on ultimate performance.

Aug 20, 2019
dyZO1dw.png