Low fps in games like Csgo and rocket league

Jan 30, 2019
Intel Pentium G4560
GeForce GTX 670 OC
8GB DDR4
MSI H110M PRO-VH,
EVGA 500W White

I used to be able to play CSGO and rocket league on high with an average of 200 fps and rocket league stable on 150fps, but recently all the games i play have dropped down alot. Now i get like 20-40 fps in CS and 40-60 in rocket league. usually my cpu is at 58c Celsius at max, and my gpu is at 85 max. So what is my problem?

Hard to say from just this information. That videocard uses a lot of power, are you sure your power supply is still working good? I also suggest using a tool like MSI Afterburner to monitor CPU and GPU usage, as well as clockspeeds, while you run your games. Knowing that temps are okay is fine, but there could be other issues like thermal throttling.

Finally, I suggest using some non game benchmarks to test your computer. This is to see if your computer is only having problems in those games or if your computer is not working right in anything. For instance, try 3dmark.

Jan 30, 2019
I found out that my CPU was only using one of its cores, so typed msconfig into windows and went to boot options and checked off numbers of CPUs. I restarted my computer and everything was back to normal

TRENDING THREADS