Question Low FPS in games/programs and on desktop after weird game crash -Help-

reapo

Reputable
Jul 24, 2017
Late Saturday night, 07/09/22, I was playing a game, Middle Earth: Shadow of War to be exact. Throughout the night I noticed I was having some stuttering issues during play but I paid it no mind because its not like it was hampering progress. Eventually, my screen freezes for 8 seconds with like a weird blue line and a red line on my monitor and then the computer shuts down. Thought it was weird, but since it was already late, I decided to go ahead and head to bed.

I get back on Sunday night, 7/10/22, to get into some more gaming. However, any game I attempt to play has horrendously low frame rates. I'm talking like a consistent below 10 FPS. Trying to figure out how to trouble shoot the problem I noticed that my entire computer in general is very slow. Loading website pages, start menu, even clicking on a folder takes about 10 secs to actually show up. So I know something is wrong. I've tried reinstalling graphics card and going back to a system restore point, but none of that has worked. Last ditch effort was to have windows reinstalled and that also did not work. Besides that, everything else looks normal. Temps are fine, no over heating. So I am unsure what I can do, besides to ask for support from you guys also, first time here! If there is any information missing that would help with support, please just ask!

Build-
NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3060 TI
i5-11400F @ 2.60GHz
Z590 PRO WIFI
1 SSD
16 GB [8 GB x2] DDR4-3200

Late Saturday night, 07/09/22, I was playing a game, Middle Earth: Shadow of War to be exact. Throughout the night I noticed I was having some stuttering issues during play but I paid it no mind because its not like it was hampering progress. Eventually, my screen freezes for 8 seconds with like a weird blue line and a red line on my monitor and then the computer shuts down. Thought it was weird, but since it was already late, I decided to go ahead and head to bed.

I get back on Sunday night, 7/10/22, to get into some more gaming. However, any game I attempt to play has horrendously low frame rates. I'm talking like a consistent below 10 FPS. Trying to figure out how to trouble shoot the problem I noticed that my entire computer in general is very slow. Loading website pages, start menu, even clicking on a folder takes about 10 secs to actually show up. So I know something is wrong. I've tried reinstalling graphics card and going back to a system restore point, but none of that has worked. Last ditch effort was to have windows reinstalled and that also did not work. Besides that, everything else looks normal. Temps are fine, no over heating. So I am unsure what I can do, besides to ask for support from you guys also, first time here! If there is any information missing that would help with support, please just ask!

Build-
NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3060 TI
i5-11400F @ 2.60GHz
Z590 PRO WIFI
1 SSD
16 GB [8 GB x2] DDR4-3200
What speed is the ram running at and does 16GB show as usable?