Question Low FPS in games / underperforming rtx3060?

Dec 1, 2021
Hi all, I have browsed through several posts and forums but have cannot come to a conclusion so I decided to post, and I apologise beforehand for repeating what seems to be a common problem.

Basic specs are: i7-10750H processor [Undervolted to -129.8MV, pretty stable no crashes]

RTX 3060 [85W\] [Not touched] and 16GB RAM [Dual channel, 1x3200 and 1x2933 running at 2933 i assume], And lastly 512GB of NVME SSD storage.

Basically, when running Apex Legends, GPU and CPU usage fluctuates 50-65% for both of them on low graphics settings. GPU usage increases to around 85% when changing the graphic settings to high, but no real change in fps ~5-10fps difference. Even at low settings, my FPS ingame is around 70-120fps, depending on the location. All these occurring with cpu and gpu temps around 70-80%.

Also I’ve tried another game , rocket league whereby with high graphics maximising quality my FPS is hitting 90-100 while lowering everything barely keeps it consistent at 140-144.

Previously, I used a gaming laptop with a ryzen 5 4600h+gtx 1650ti and dual channel 16gb and its performance was slightly better than my current machine.

I've seen benchmark videos on YT with similar hardware, also a RTX 3060 85w running the game with much more fps as compared to mine, with the exception of an external monitor

I have set the nvidia options to maximum performance on control panel, power management and nitrosense, updated the drivers (496.76), and always have it plugged in when gaming, also tried formatting and reinstalling but no changes.

Some questions i have is: Will having two different speeds of RAM in dual channel affect performance? Why doesnt the FPS increase more when I lower ALL the settings ingame as compared to when its high? Will connecting an external monitor increase performance drastically?

Any help is appreciated thank you !

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You speak of an undervolt, what sort of undervolt are you working with? Yes you've mentioned -129.8mv, but is that for the core, cache, iGPU...? You could share a screenshot of HWMonitors votlages or ThrottleStop's FIVR page.

When you've stated formatting, what version of Windows 10(assuming you're not on Windows 11) are you on? What BIOS version are you on for your laptop? Speaking of laptop's, you forgot to mention the make and model(and SKU) for your laptop. Lastly, you shouldn't believe everything that's posted on YT.

Dual channel, 1x3200 and 1x2933
That's not dual channel, that's mixing and matching, which is a no-no. What are the makes and models of the sticks of ram? Which stick came from the factory and which one was added on?

Dec 1, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You speak of an undervolt, what sort of undervolt are you working with? Yes you've mentioned -129.8mv, but is that for the core, cache, iGPU...? You could share a screenshot of HWMonitors votlages or ThrottleStop's FIVR page.

When you've stated formatting, what version of Windows 10(assuming you're not on Windows 11) are you on? What BIOS version are you on for your laptop? Speaking of laptop's, you forgot to mention the make and model(and SKU) for your laptop. Lastly, you shouldn't believe everything that's posted on YT.

Dual channel, 1x3200 and 1x2933
That's not dual channel, that's mixing and matching, which is a no-no. What are the makes and models of the sticks of ram? Which stick came from the factory and which one was added on?
Hi Thank you so much! Seems like I left out many important details.
I'm running an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-78X0
Regarding the undervolt, I've attached the images, Core, iGPU and cache are all undervolted to the same values.
I am running on Windows 10 ver.20H2 and my BIOS version is V2.01

Regarding the Ram, the SK Hynix was stock, and I added a Kingston stick later on but it seems that it was my mistake, both are 3200mhz. Are my clock speeds supposed to be at that value?

All the pictures are posted on imgur as I am not sure how to directly put them in the post.
Thank you very much!