Low FPS in games with a HD 4770

jdwii

Splendid
i love amd I'm not a nvidia or intel fan well i hate intel there ripping people off but that just my opinion, nvidia's ok never had a issue with them. but my ati card giving me mix performance on stuff
first of all i have a ATI 4770...which beats nvidia 9800gt and comes close to a 9800gtx in benchmarks

so why I'm i having issues with it in games like resident evil 4,dolphin emlulator,and any 2D games really, and opengl programs

resident evil 4 drops as low as 20fps? just on maps :eek: why its like 5 years old

my pc played these games perfectly on a nvidia 9500gt

OK so my card does play games like GTA4,COD5 better then my nvidia 9500gt..but not stuff thats old I'm gussing its crappy driver optimizing!

I'm using the latest drivers 10.5 and soon 10.6 but i dont thank the issues well go away...I'm sad because i wanted a cool combo of a amd cpu and a amd gpu but i'll never do it again because they have sad driver support i feel bad for ati really beause the only reason why its like this is because nvidia controls the market more so devlopers spend more time optimizing games for them over amd

so this well be most likley my last ati card inlease theres a way to fix this!!!

her is my system nouthing has change on it except the ati 4770 this was the same system that i has with the nvidia 9500gt
amd athlon x4 620 2.6ghz OC to 3.25ghz
3GB of ram
windows 7 32bit
antec 380watt
asus m4a785-m

does this happen to you or not?

i run all my games at the same settings as i did before
i did a clean install on windows 7 2 times

I just edited the title to a more appropriate one.
And as for your problem,are you usung the same graphic settings in games for both cards ?
Also what resolution do you play at ? Did you completely remove the Nvidia drivers(with driver sweeper) and then install the new ATI drivers?

jdwii

Splendid

i run all my games at the same settings as i did before
i did a clean install on windows 7 2 times

All right so you did a clean install and you've used both 10.5 and 10.6 catalyst drivers. This issue only happens with older games. When you start one of those older games what is your GPU speed? You can use GPU-z to find out. Is your onboard GPU dissabled? 785 based boards generally deactivate the onboard GPU when they sense a dedicated GPU that isn't a 2400XT or a 3450. Some boards do not.

Go into your BIOS and disable the onboard GPU if you can. Also make sure that the first GPU the BIOS tries is the one on the PCI-E slot and not the onboard GPU.

jdwii

Splendid

thanks for replaying to me yeah i made sure i did all that stuff i only tryied 10.4 and 10.5 both do it haven't tried 10.6 but i don't thank it well fix the issue