[SOLVED] low fps in games

Sep 10, 2019
Hello, recently i've encountered some problems on my laptop. First of all my laptop is not that great i bought it for college but i wanted to play some games on it too, in the beginning everything was ok, i could run games like cs go, league of legends, dota 2 all on 100 fps + on low settings. My Cpu is an Intel i5 7200u 2.5 - 3.1 Ghz max, i have 4 gb of ram, and my gpu is nvidia geforce 920m 2gb(i know its not ideal for gaming) and i also have an integrated gpu intel 620hd graphics. Like a month ago, my laptop started encountering some fps drops in games, i tried to repair it myself, but i was unable to do so, after a while i decided to reinstall my windows and delete everything, after i got everything the way it was, i decided to test my laptop to see if i still encounter fps drops, and i did, after a while i did some research and found that i needed to disable my game bar, and change some things in registry editor, i even opened up my laptop to clean it from any dust, after all that i still encounter fps drops, when i start league of legends i get 120~ fps but after a while it drops to 50-60 which makes it kind of unplayable, so i even bought a pretty decent cooler, i thought that maybe it was overheating, i ve tried some other games like final fantasy XIV, the game decided that i could run it on high standard options but when i tried it, i couldnt get more than 25 fps, so i played it on low and still the max i could get was 30 fps which was kinda playable for an mmorpg, i tried almost anything i could find on the internet but nothing seems to be working. Please help me

Solution
Are you sure your Laptop is not "overheating" ? Which Laptop model/brand is it ? Try to install the OEM VGA drivers for your GPU, and update all other system drivers, chipset, firmware, and BIOS as well.

Go to the LAPTOP Manufacturer's website, and download the VGA drivers. For Laptops, in case of any performance loss/drop, it is recommended that we install the OEM drivers first. If the issue persists, then we need to troubleshoot other things.
Are you sure your Laptop is not "overheating" ? Which Laptop model/brand is it ? Try to install the OEM VGA drivers for your GPU, and update all other system drivers, chipset, firmware, and BIOS as well.

Go to the LAPTOP Manufacturer's website, and download the VGA drivers. For Laptops, in case of any performance loss/drop, it is recommended that we install the OEM drivers first. If the issue persists, then we need to troubleshoot other things.

Solution
Sep 10, 2019

It is heating quite a lot in games like cs go or dota but in league of legends which i play the most not so much, but even so i cleaned it from any dust and bought that cooler, the brand of the laptop is ASUS X541UJ.

Sep 10, 2019
What's the exact TEMP value of the GPU and CPU when it is heating ? Did you Monitor these variables ?
i will monitor them in just a few minutes because i just started downloading the vga driver and it seems to be taking a while, and i dont want to interrupt it, i suppose i ll need to enter a game to see the maxium temp value

D

Deleted member 14196

Laptop so notorious for overheating when gaming even gaming laptops are not good at gaming. So either get yourself a gaming desktop or a console And leave the laptop for college work

Reactions: Metal Messiah.