Question LOW FPS IN HIGH END PC

zewp

Commendable
Jun 26, 2019
(not 100% sure if im posting in the righ thread sorry)
HELP PLSSS
Hey guys im having trouble with my pc. Bascially all the games on it are running no where near how good they are on other peoples (and my friends) pcs with the excact same specs as me. For example, MSI Kombustor i saw someone with same pc specs getting 110 - 120 fps on a 1080p graphics preset with a final score of ~6000. My pc gets 62 fps with a 3900 score. More problems :
-CS:GO Runs at 60-~120 fps and previously got 250 - 300 fps
-Rust runs under 50 fps and rarely gets over 60
-When i try and overclock i get bluescreened, pc crashed or game crashes.
-Thats 90% of the problems im having. I havnt really tried many other games
FPS Doesnt change no matter what graphics setting im on
PC SPECS
GPU | EVGA GTX 1060 6gb
CPU | Ryzen 5 1600 3.2Ghz
RAM | GeIl 16gb RGB ~2400Mhz
PWS | Cooler Master 550W 80+ Bronze
MOBO | ASRock AB350M Pro4

My pc doesnt thermal throttle, all settings are set to power mode and not optimal or power saving, ive done a fresh install of win 10, ive vertified game cache multiple times, (for csgo) ive enabled fps_max 0 and more, and a variety of other attempted solutions including uninstalling gpu drivers and reinstalled, nvidia isnt selecting the intergrated graphics on my pc either and multicore rendering is enabled.
My CPU% and GPU% Acts weirdly in game and im not 100% sure if thats one of the problems.
Thanks for absolutely any help

xravenxdota

Reputable
Aug 26, 2017
Not to offend you and don't take this the wrong way but your pc's entry level now that that's out of the way.Did you try it on fresh windows install.I know it's not accurate but https://www.userbenchmark.com/PCGam...-Strike--Global-Offensive/3680/153864.0.0.0.0 says its around 158 fps in cs go.Depends on settings are you maxing every thing?If your a competitive gamer then there's preset for the highest fps in games like csgo fortnite etc.But first i would try a fresh install of windows(even if you do it on a small hdd just for testing purposes)

zewp

Commendable
Jun 26, 2019
Not to offend you and don't take this the wrong way but your pc's entry level now that that's out of the way.Did you try it on fresh windows install.I know it's not accurate but https://www.userbenchmark.com/PCGam...-Strike--Global-Offensive/3680/153864.0.0.0.0 says its around 158 fps in cs go.Depends on settings are you maxing every thing?If your a competitive gamer then there's preset for the highest fps in games like csgo fortnite etc.But first i would try a fresh install of windows(even if you do it on a small hdd just for testing purposes)
Yea I can probably agree to you that maybe it’s not actually high end now that I read it to my self again. I’m running on a fresh install on windows atm and no changes, I’m just trying to figure out why all the games are runnjnt like 60% worse than they were 2 months ago

zewp

Commendable
Jun 26, 2019
Yea I can probably agree to you that maybe it’s not actually high end now that I read it to my self again. I’m running on a fresh install on windows atm and no changes, I’m just trying to figure out why all the games are runnjnt like 60% worse than they were 2 months ago
Also even if I’m at lowest settings lowest res the FPS doesn’t change even compared to highest FPS highest res

Also even if I’m at lowest settings lowest res the FPS doesn’t change even compared to highest FPS highest res

If you have trouble shot the software side and made sure drivers were all up-to-date then you will have to troubleshoot hardware. only way is to swap in working pieces. if you don't have any available then you need to pay someone.

bring the motherboard and OC stuff back to default for testing. Don't OC. You can try running a memtest will can spot bad ram quickly.