Status
Not open for further replies.

techflame700

Commendable
Nov 30, 2018
Hi, my PC is exhibiting some weird behavior when playing Minecraft (on the latest ray tracing beta). When I boot up the game (RTX Disabled) my FPS is a constant 60 FPS. So, I then boot up my world and my FPS stays at 60, all good so far but, after about 1 minute of playing my FPS dips to 50. Some more playing later then it goes down to 45, 40, 32, 26, 21 and bottoms out at 15.

The game feels terrible to play at this point and I’m wondering why this is happening when RTX is OFF. So, I check Task Manager and notice something odd: Minecraft is using 10.5 GBs of RAM. Normally, it uses around 2.5 to 4 GBs in my experience. It also is using 90% of my CPU when it normally uses at max 25%.

But the most interesting thing is that a few days ago everything was fine, I was getting constant 60 FPS and I didn’t change anything on my PC. Also, no background processes were running except for the Windows system stuff. Thanks for your help!

Specs:
CPU: Intel i7 7700K
GPU: RTX 2060
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400 MHz
Storage: Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270XP SLI (running the latest BIOS version, F9D)

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard and then try and reinstall your GPU drivers(with the latest) after you've uninstalled them using DDU.

To note, how old is your PSU? Include it's make and model as well. Are you seeing the same issue on other game titles?

You should be on Windows 10 version 2004, if you've reinstalled the OS, most of us are on 1909 yet.

techflame700

Commendable
Nov 30, 2018
Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard and then try and reinstall your GPU drivers(with the latest) after you've uninstalled them using DDU.

To note, how old is your PSU? Include it's make and model as well. Are you seeing the same issue on other game titles?

You should be on Windows 10 version 2004, if you've reinstalled the OS, most of us are on 1909 yet.
I am running Windows 10 1909 because 2004 has not been offered to me in Windows Update yet.

My PSU is only about 2 years old it’s a Corsair RM650X.

I’m running the latest BIOS for my motherboard (version F9D on the Gigabyte Z270XP SLI).

I haven’t tested other game titles yet but, I’ll update this post when I get the chance.

Finally, yes I am running the latest GPU drivers.

techflame700

Commendable
Nov 30, 2018

Update: after doing some more testing I found I got BETTER performance with RTX ON (no that’s not a typo). Since this is a beta I’m convinced it’s a bug. Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.