[SOLVED] Low FPS in only CS:GO?

IsaiahK

Commendable
Mar 25, 2017
Heya!

So recently I've noticed that my fps is VERY low in CS:GO compared to other games, to the point where its starting to impact my performance. In Modern Warfare I average around 80-100 on 1080p, on Rainbow Six Siege I average 100-120 on 1080p. But on CS:GO I barely manage to stay above 100 fps on 1024x768, my performance is abysmal on 1080p, dropping to even 60 sometimes.

Things I've already tried:
  • Check temperatures (30 on idle, 60 on load)
  • Set power plan to maximum performance
  • Update my GPU drivers
  • Reinstall CS:GO
  • Make sure my parts are compatible, my psu is 800w so it should be able to handle my card, I think?
  • Turn up the graphical settings in CS:GO to make it more dependent on my GPU, only improves FPS by about 5-10.

Specs:
GPU - Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650
CPU - Intel Xeon X5690 Six-Core
RAM - 12GB

My hardware isn't overclocked either in case anyone was wondering.

Thanks!

Solution
CS GO is very dependent on single core cpu performance. The single core performance of a relatively low speed (by today’s standards) Xeon from 2011 which will have low IPC is not going to do well.

The other games are more able to use multiple cores and not so reliant on single core performance.
CS GO is very dependent on single core cpu performance. The single core performance of a relatively low speed (by today’s standards) Xeon from 2011 which will have low IPC is not going to do well.

The other games are more able to use multiple cores and not so reliant on single core performance.

Solution

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018

Sounds like a badly optimized game to me. Never thought there would be modern games out there that is intentionally designed to not take full advantage of a processor.

Sounds like a badly optimized game to me. Never thought there would be modern games out there that is intentionally designed to not take full advantage of a processor.
I guess so, but it’s well documented about cs go and it seems deliberate. It does allow this game to get very high fps on basic desktop CPU’s such as more modern i3’s where they have strong single core performance but weak multi core.

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
I guess so, but it’s well documented about cs go and it seems deliberate. It does allow this game to get very high fps on basic desktop CPU’s such as more modern i3’s where they have strong single core performance but weak multi core.

And even that sounds like a half done job, coming from a multi billion dollar corporation. The game should be optimized to the best of their ability for both single and multi core processors, the latter of which is how most peoples computers work to start with. The hell kind of foolishness is this? Of course Valve apparently neglected to mention this fact.